Question regarding upgrading

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys this has probably been asked a ton, but wanting to check before I go into a store.

I have decided to upgrade my Razr Maxx to a Samsung GNote 2. I had a problem with my Nexus but hope Samsung's note 2 has resolved these issues. Mainly battery and signal.

Anyway my wife and I are on the 700 min/unlimited texts.....me unlimited data and my wife has 2 GB data. I'm assuming by using my upgrade I will lose my unlimited which I don't want to do yet I can't pay full price for the phone. Is there a workaround of keeping unlimited?

Now since we have WiFi at home my data usage is around 2-2.5 GB a month. My wife usually does about 1.6 GB. What data plan should we go to....and is our bill going to go up probably? We pay $165/month with my 20% work discount.

I haven't been checking on the shared data plans lately sorry if its been beat to death. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Only work around to keep your unlimited and get a different phone is to buy the phone from eBay or swappa.com or Craigslist etc. if you don't mind losing it you will be switched to a tiered data plan instead of a share everything plan I believe unless you want a share everything. I could be wrong though. As far as price I'll let someone else answer that as I'm not sure.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to move to Share Everything. If you upgrade you are offered the 2GB for $20, 5GB for $50, and 10GB for $80 data plan options just for your line. You can choose to move to Share Everything, but you aren't forced to.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Based on stated data usage the shared data plan is cheaper. 6gb of data plus two smartphones would be $160 before his discount (if it still applies).

Also does your wife have an available upgrade? If so people have stated using another lines upgrade in order to keep unlimited and get a phone at subsidized price.