VZW Q4 2012 profit margin way low...

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
CNN reports

"Verizon said it recorded a wireless service profit margin of just 41.4% for the quarter, by far its lowest in years.

The company said it expects wireless margins to average between 49% and 50% for all of 2013."

Boo effing hoo.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Good news for us on unlimited still is that Verizon is still getting people to switch to 2GB or share everything when they upgrade since most people don't know or don't care. I was at the store the other day (a 3rd party store, not a regular Verizon store) and the rep said: "No carrier offers unlimited anymore, you have to move to a Share Everything to upgrade." I mentioned Sprint, but they got the lady to move to a 2GB plan anyways. But once those people dry up, the guns will undoubtedly be pointed at us.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Never giving up my unlimited even if i have to pay $1,000 for a new phone

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
CNN reports

"Verizon said it recorded a wireless service profit margin of just 41.4% for the quarter, by far its lowest in years.

The company said it expects wireless margins to average between 49% and 50% for all of 2013."

Boo effing hoo.

Look at the reasons why.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Profit margins for any cellular company are going to be lower than expected, especially for a company that is top of the market like Verizon. Cellular is general can only advance so much now. I believe you are going to see companies move more towards being Technology companies than just "Wireless Providers".

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance