New Verizon insurance plan

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a new phone yesterday at Verizon and they told me they had a new insurance plan that was $10 a month but it would allow you to delete the bloatware from the phone as well as the typical insurance stuff . However, I see nothing about it online. Anybody else heard of this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to find anything online about it either, but it's really odd that deleting the bloatware is a part of it. Maybe the rep was just touting some of the features of ICS or JB (the ability to "disable" bloat) with the insurance? Or maybe he or she is saying they just don't bother checking for root when you send in a phone?

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I called customer service and they finally told me it was a trial plan in the south region. The guy I talked to on the phone couldn't find anything about deleting bloatware as part of the deal though. I might go back to the store and ask the rep I talked to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the $10 plan is a trial run allowing root phones to be claimed through insurance, which they were not on the old plan maybe? iPhones have always been $9.99. So maybe he misquoted you on the wrong insurance? IDK. I couldn't find anything on a $10 plan even as a trial. My first sentence is only a guess. Because that sounds really odd to me

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the $10 plan is a trial run allowing root phones to be claimed through insurance, which they were not on the old plan maybe? iPhones have always been $9.99. So maybe he misquoted you on the wrong insurance? IDK. I couldn't find anything on a $10 plan even as a trial. My first sentence is only a guess. Because that sounds really odd to me

The following link explains the $9.99 plan.

http://www.totalmobileprotection.com/verizon/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's $3 higher than the $6.99 insurance already offered by Verizon/Asurion. For $3, you can get more in depth tech support from Verizon, since basic tech support doesn't cover the troubleshooting of 3rd party apps. The McAfee protection is nice, but I've always found Lookout Security to be adequate.

In my mind, the $9.99 plan is geared toward the basic user, with limited time and/or knowledge and resources.

Personally, I don't mind troubleshooting myself and feel more comfortable using Google, XDA, and my fellow AC enthusiasts before I would call Verizon.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO