I Thought Verizon LTE was suppose to be SOOOOOOO GREAT..WTF is this!!!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Got u beat

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362157956762.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362157956762.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 139

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I never gave any indication that my LTE problem was "Everywhere", but I did give (and rightly so) indication that "why is LTE, giving me 1X speeds", even on a fully loaded, congested LTE network, I don't expect speeds to dip below 3-5MB Down.

Again I had a full 5 bars of signal (notice the screen shot) so signal was penitrating the building just fine. We can all make crystal clear calls in our location in the building.

I'm just going to chalk this up to Tower/LTE issue, Like you said we have WIFI so this one area is of minimal impact, but still leaves me wondering.

If its happening inside of your building to that many devices, but doesn't happen standing outside next to your building, then the problem is your building and not the network.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
If its happening inside of your building to that many devices, but doesn't happen standing outside next to your building, then the problem is your building and not the network.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Come to find out reading other forums....Verizon is having a Network Congestion problem on LTE in NYC.....The Network (700mhz spectrum) is getting overloaded in parts of Manhattan. Makes since that it starts in NYC since this is the most densely populated city in the Country.

Just read the Verizon forums on HOFO, Droid Life, and the Verizon Community forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Come to find out reading other forums....Verizon is having a Network Congestion problem on LTE in NYC.....The Network (700mhz spectrum) is getting overloaded in parts of Manhattan. Makes since that it starts in NYC since this is the most densely populated city in the Country.

Just read the Verizon forums on HOFO, Droid Life, and the Verizon Community forums.

Good find. That could definitely explain the horrible speeds in that area.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Good find. That could definitely explain the horrible speeds in that area.

Still think it's the building, since the issue is only in that building. I have a similar issue at my job, it's an office in the center of a warehouse distribution center and cell and texts work, but data is nonexistent even though the 3G and sometimes 4G icons are there. Huge battery drain searching for the networks all day so I just use wifi, like the OP said they could. Outside the building it's 50-60 mbps download speeds, so I 100% blame the building.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Again..Its not just my building, people are making the same claims from various parts of Manhattan, right now it seems to be confined to just pockets in Manhattan. But this needs to be sign for Verizon that 700 isn't going to hold out long, they need to get devices out with AWS to offload....

Sprint is one thing, but People are not going to put up with paying Verizon's eye gouging prices and suffer LTE speeds of less than 3MB down as they over sell the Network. I also think this congestion is just going to fuel Verizon to get people off Unlimited as quickly as possible.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Again..Its not just my building, people are making the same claims from various parts of Manhattan, right now it seems to be confined to just pockets in Manhattan. But this needs to be sign for Verizon that 700 isn't going to hold out long, they need to get devices out with AWS to offload....

Sprint is one thing, but People are not going to put up with paying Verizon's eye gouging prices and suffer LTE speeds of less than 3MB down as they over sell the Network. I also think this congestion is just going to fuel Verizon to get people off Unlimited as quickly as possible.

My fault, I was basing that on post #23 in this thread. It seemed to indicate it was just that one building. If that's not the case, your issue and mine are not related :p

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
For me yes, my only real problem on LTE is in my Building, and originally I though it was just an isolated problem. But from reading other forums and threads around the Net, I've come to discover the problem isn't isolated to just my building or phone, it's that Verizon's LTE network is getting congested in parts of Manhattan, and since I work directly in Times Square it makes perfect sense that this area is one of the first to start suffering from congestion on the 700 mhz spectrum.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Regular LTE speeds here In Pittsburgh, it's not about getting 20 mbps when you can only get it in 10 markets... I'd much rather get 10 mbps everywhere I go instead

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362595033325.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362595033325.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 96

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I took my DNA to Verizon at lunch yesterday, and could not duplicate the speed situation at the store, my DNA was pulling 20MB down there...I showed them the screen shot, and all he could offer up was "It might be the tower, blah blah blah"

I go back to work and just out of curiosity I played with 3 of my Co-workers phones who also have VZ (1 iPhone 5, an S3 and a DInc4G) and they all get the same poor LTE results. No-one ever noticed it before because @ work our phones sit on Wifi from the time we come into the building to the time we leave. Once we leave out onto the street LTE returns to normal (right outside my building my DNA was pulling this, keep in mind this is right in Times Square). The only reason I found the problem was because I had accedently turned off my WIFI so it didn't auto connect when I came in, and it was when I was trying to upload something to Dropbox I noticed it was taking forever, and that I was on LTE instead of WIFI, but I was still perplexed as to why on LTE this is taking so long, and that's when I did the speed tests and got those horrible speeds. So it must be something with LTE in our building

But I'm still confused, Verizon LTE runs on 700mhz spectrum, that's excellent for building penetration, and as you notice I get perfect Verizon signal where I'm at.

so you went off the deep end and pointed a finger at verizon when you just said above in red that once you step outside your building you get good speeds. so yea i guess your right its verizons fault your building isnt up to their code for service.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Either way he has wifi at work so I wouldn't get so worked up on it. My signal for Sprint gets rocked in my building as well.. So /shrug ;)

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I am a bit disappointed. When LTE first came to where I live I was getting close to 20 mbps down at my house. Now I get around 3 mbps. It has really slowed down.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Number one it might be operating on the towers or others may be coming active. I really doubt its congested. I'm in Chicago and I avg 20mb daily.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am a bit disappointed. When LTE first came to where I live I was getting close to 20 mbps down at my house. Now I get around 3 mbps. It has really slowed down.

That's what happens when the network gets loaded, unfortunately. The good part about LTE is that it scales pretty good, and has higher capacity.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Oh my bad forgot this was bout vzw lte opps lol

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

That's what happens when the network gets loaded, unfortunately. The good part about LTE is that it scales pretty good, and has higher capacity.

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
i live in brooklyn and work in LIC outside of midtown. Verizon LTE here has def. been inconsistent and its getting annoying. I used EVERY phone they have just about. All the same thing so i know its not my phone (though some perform better then others). I often drop to 3G and have to toggle airplane to get LTE back apps that i need to stream data (TD Ameritrade for example) constantly give me connection error and I have to log back in. If i didn't have an old grandfathered plan with discount that makes the price untouchable by AT&T i would most likely switch.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech