Best New phone on Verizon?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to get a new phone soon. Anyone know where there is a good side by side specs analysis of all the phones Verizon has out now?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to get a new phone soon. Anyone know where there is a good side by side specs analysis of all the phones Verizon has out now?

In my opinon the best phones are either the Droid DNA or Note 2. Both phones are big Droid DNA has a 1080p screen but 5 inches. Note 2 is 720p is 5.5 inches. Both screens are pretty amazing.

As far as functionality i would say Note 2 has it all over DNA. Here is an example

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Go down to a VZW corp store and look at the phones and play with them they won't all be alike and some things you may like and maybe some not so much. The ones you like do some research on the internet you will find what others like about those phones and what some don't like, then decide what is importanat to you. You can then buy yourself what ever phone you like and try it for up to 14 days and return it within the 14 day period if you find you don't like something about that phone. I personally like the Samsung SIII but it is an old phone now. I don't care for the Note II as it only has 16 MB on board. I also like the MOTO Razr Maxx HD but I have one issue with it that it only does 32 MB card not 64 MB. I can't get all my music on a 32 mb sd anymore and I don't like to stream. If you don't have unlimited data streaming can get expensive. Samsung will have the S4 out in a few months and I am waiting to see what that is all about.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You can compare phones on this site called GSMArena. They have full spec sheets of pretty much any phone you can think of.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I was at the store today. Right now it's between the DNA and the S3...possibly the RAZR HD. When the S3 came out it seemed like my dream phone, but now it's kind of yesterday's news. I like the note but 300 is a lot right now. Anyone have experience with the same DNA? I am coming from the thunderbolt, so right now they all look good, lol.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was at the store today. Right now it's between the DNA and the S3...possibly the RAZR HD. When the S3 came out it seemed like my dream phone, but now it's kind of yesterday's news. I like the note but 300 is a lot right now. Anyone have experience with the same DNA? I am coming from the thunderbolt, so right now they all look good, lol.

I have a DNA, my wife the S3. They are both great phones, although I have gotten tired of the S3s nature theme. I seem to get a bit better battery life than she does, but that may be due to usage. There is no comparing the screens though. We thought the S3 screen was great...until we saw the DNA screen. I'm not sure it is a resolution thing though, I think it's the LCD technology.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had 3 HTC devices. But the lack of expandable memory and removable battery were deal breakers for me. I would had gotten the S3 but the Note2 was released. Its so amazing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Dna is awesome one of my favorite phones I've, had even the note 2 is my number 1:p but the dna iMO is a better phone than the s3 and is much more future proof

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a DNA, my wife the S3. They are both great phones, although I have gotten tired of the S3s nature theme. I seem to get a bit better battery life than she does, but that may be due to usage. There is no comparing the screens though. We thought the S3 screen was great...until we saw the DNA screen. I'm not sure it is a resolution thing though, I think it's the LCD technology.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Note 3 vs S3 both battery and screen are very different. Note 3 has MUCH longer battery life. S3 has pentile display while note 2 has an RGB display.

As far as LCD vs OLED if all things were equal OLED would eat lcd alive. Contrast ratio is much better, the is no backlight so there is no light bleeding through and oled is much more efficient. I may ssem biased because I work on the team that develops OLED materials for Samsung but numbers don't lie by 2014 you will start to see lcd fall away as plasma did over time. Oled is in its infancy while lcd is the old man.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

You can get the Note 2 for $150 from amazon or best buy if you price match

Attachments

• note2deal.PNG
    note2deal.PNG
    233 KB · Views: 92

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it will still be the DNA for me, The screen looks so much better than most of the the phones I have compared it to. I haven't really seen any complaints about it. The only problem I can see is lack of expandable storage.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it will still be the DNA for me, The screen looks so much better than most of the the phones I have compared it to. I haven't really seen any complaints about it. The only problem I can see is lack of expandable storage.

It is a great device. Enjoy it

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Its an awesome phone just remeber the cloud is your friend:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I love it when the OP comes back and tells us about their decision. Hopefully can get an update about the UE!

I purchased the DNA.. The thing is a beast. Coming from the Thunderbolt, it's so fast. Trying to decide on a case/holster now. I absolutely love the screen.

Pakbackr

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You held on to the Thunderbolt a long time! Wish I had your patience...I think I have ditched my phone the day my contract expired now, every time for the least 10 years or so. I have the Rezound now, and except for the pitiful battery life, I have loved it more than any phone I have ever owned. My contract is up in October, and all the sexy new phones (Galaxy S3, DNA, iPhone 5, etc.) will be on the slide by then. If I had to pull the trigger today, it would be for the DNA. Can't wait to see what is coming out next.

I purchased the DNA.. The thing is a beast. Coming from the Thunderbolt, it's so fast. Trying to decide on a case/holster now. I absolutely love the screen.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
well, I was late to the party on the TB the same way I am for the DNA.... the DNA was purchased within days of my upgrade eligibility, so it was the earliest I could. I really don't know how some people pull this stuff off where they get new phones every 6 months

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
well, I was late to the party on the TB the same way I am for the DNA.... the DNA was purchased within days of my upgrade eligibility, so it was the earliest I could. I really don't know how some people pull this stuff off where they get new phones every 6 months

save $15 a week then sell your old device.

Or save $25 in 6 months you have $600

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I was kind of wondering the same thing! I know people who have a new phone at least every six months, and i know they are under contract. maybe they have a sweet hookup somewhere? anyway, I upgrade in July, and I had the Tbolt up until about November (1year of THAT mess!) then I ended up with a refurbished Rezound. the DNA is definately on my short list, but the Note 2 currently has my attention the most, primarily because I have over 4,000 songs on my SD card, and I porting them over would be as simple as changing socks. please post over the next few days your opinion of the DNA, I'd really be interested in your findings, especially battery life. thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was kind of wondering the same thing! I know people who have a new phone at least every six months, and i know they are under contract. maybe they have a sweet hookup somewhere? anyway, I upgrade in July, and I had the Tbolt up until about November (1year of THAT mess!) then I ended up with a refurbished Rezound. the DNA is definately on my short list, but the Note 2 currently has my attention the most, primarily because I have over 4,000 songs on my SD card, and I porting them over would be as simple as changing socks. please post over the next few days your opinion of the DNA, I'd really be interested in your findings, especially battery life. thanks.

The other phone upgrade trick is using family members upgrades :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay