Warranty exchange options

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Bionic with the USB port starting to get loose. Not too bad yet, but sometimes looses connection (verified it is the port, not the usual cable break issue). I still have some time left on the warranty and will probably exchange it, but I'm wondering what Verizon/Motorola will send back. I'm hoping for another Bionic, but that's the question. Are those still sent out as refurbs (shudder at the idea), or should I expect something else newer? If they send me a standard Razr, I'll probably just send it back and tell them to keep it and its crap, green tinted, off white screen.

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
You will almost always get a refurb when you send it in for replacement. Even if you get a newer phone because they are out of Bionics, it will likely also be a refurb.

If you don't want to go through the refurb process, you can also go through Motorola and get the phone fixed, but if you don't live near one of their repair centers you'll be without your phone for an extended period of time. Repair Info - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA