New Verizon radio commercial... Wtf?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has started airing a new commercial on SiriusXM (probably terrestrial radio too) talking about being innovative in healthcare, energy, and some other areas. Anyone else know what the heck the purpose of this ad is? It's enigmatic on its own, especially for a wireless company.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I assume its talking about how their such a good employer by offering these for their employees.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, offering what to their employees then? The commercial makes it sound like they are trying to solve all the world's problems.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, offering what to their employees then? The commercial makes it sound like they are trying to solve all the world's problems.

Its a commercial they're always over the top and non informing. Wish I knew.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
That was probably a verizon commercial NOT VZW.

2 DIFFERENT ENTITIES YOU KNOW

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just heard it again, we'd you're right. It appears to be Verizon, not VZW. So used to it being VZW advertising on there that it didn't even register the possibility of it being the other one. Still confusing, though. XD

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just and FYI, Verizon and VZW are one and the same now. Also, Verizon is pushing to advertise as not just a cell phone company, but a solutions based company. So they commercial you heard was advertising how their wireless has evolved into more.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just and FYI, Verizon and VZW are one and the same now. Also, Verizon is pushing to advertise as not just a cell phone company, but a solutions based company. So they commercial you heard was advertising how their wireless has evolved into more.

Well, not exactly. We are still two individual companies. The commercial everyone is speaking about is showing how our 4G pertains to more than just getting data on a smartphone.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, not exactly. We are still two individual companies. The commercial everyone is speaking about is showing how our 4G pertains to more than just getting data on a smartphone.

Actually yes. Verizon now owns Verizon Wireless, which they bought out from Vodaphone, they are not separated technically anymore. You are already seeing conversions like employee name tags being converted from Verizon Wireless to Verizon, and soon store signs will just say "Verizon". It is only it it's infant states, and they technically still operate separately. But they are one and the same now, and will continue to integrate their services more and more.

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Actually yes. Verizon now owns Verizon Wireless, which they bought out from Vodaphone, they are not separated technically anymore. You are already seeing conversions like employee name tags being converted from Verizon Wireless to Verizon, and soon store signs will just say "Verizon". It is only it it's infant states, and they technically still operate separately. But they are one and the same now, and will continue to integrate their services more and more.

Someone should REALLY tell VZW that Verizon has bought the 45% stake that Vodafone owned. The information on their website is obviously inaccurate and should be corrected.

Our Story | Verizon Wireless | Verizon Wireless

Founded in 2000 as a joint venture of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ, LSE: VOD), Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J.
About Verizon Communications
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ), which holds 55% ownership of Verizon Wireless, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers.
Learn More About Verizon Communications >
About Vodafone
Vodafone (NASDAQ, LSE: VOD) is the largest mobile telecommunications provider in the western hemisphere and holds 45% ownership of Verizon Wireless. Vodafone operates in more than 30 countries and partners with networks in over 50 more.
Learn More About Vodafone >

Should we call customer service?

/sarcasm

Everything else you said about VZW rebranding/marketing themselves as Verizon is correct.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually yes.

I've worked for Verizon Wireless for nearly 7 years and am currently a national sales rep based at one of our regional locations. My badge, whether working in the store or the regional location has always said Verizon Wirless, and our stores have always said Verizon Wirless. I don't know what other stores you would be speaking of. The companies are still two very seperate companies. We don't sell their services, and they don't market or sell ours.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry apparently Vodafone is look to sell it's remaining share of Verizon Wireless to Verizon Communications. Verizon Communications still owns 55% of Verizon Wireless. The two companies operate seperately, but you will see that change more and more as the begin to integrate home based services with the wireless side. It's also depends on the Region, because on the east coast where I originally came from, you could get FioS Internet, TV and Wireless all on one bill. Now where I am now, totally different because the home based services don't exist in my new area.

Vodafone Rises on Possible Verizon Wireless Sale

One of the articles about Vodafone looking to sell off it's American market share.

Also, everyone of my name badges says Verizon on it. That changed recently. Because when I started all my other employees say Verizon Wireless. But when mine were ordered, and all the new ones say Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20