Researching my next VERIZON smartphone....

tvue83

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Guys.... The One will come to big red. Just have some patience. I'm hoping for an announcement soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Guys.... The One will come to big red. Just have some patience. I'm hoping for an announcement soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

yeah, I'm hoping so too. depending on how much patience I have, I may wait for a price drop on one of the "newer" phones, especially if both the HTC One and the S4 start at $249 instead of $299. also, a Best Buy Rep told me yesterday that the releasing of the S4 would definitely effect the price of the Note 2. I don't see it that way, but he MAY be right. right now, the only place I'm buying from is amazon wireless, they seem to consistently have the lower prices, at least on Verizon phones. Best Buy is where I got my thunderbolt from, Black Friday of 2011 for basically sales tax. it was priced free for that weekend, maybe I can get lucky again???

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
so, in my quest to nail down the best phone for my hard working dollars, I may have stumbled upon another contender. At&t and Sprint have announced pricing for the S4, which is $199.99 for the 16GB version. it's probably a safe assumption that Big Red would follow suit, and if so the S4 has moved to the top of my list, followed closely by the Note 2. Now, if the motorola X has similar pricing, and similar specs (I've heard the battery is going to be 4000 mah?), then I may have to change my stance.

the perfect phone for me is 4.7 display up to 5.0, quad core with 2GB of RAM and at least a 2500 mah battery. screen resolution and all of that other minutae doesn't matter much to me. if anyone has heard of anything coming down the pike for Verizon, please let me know.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
small update: I had really seriously considered the S3 over the last two weeks, due to unforseen financial issues that came up in my houshold. I was deadset on getting it, but then amazon goes and drops the Note 2 down to $149.00 on upgrade. My wife, in her infinite wisdom grew weary of my constant research, put her foot down and TOLD me we're getting the Note 2, because she wouldn't be able to deal with me for the next two years if we got the S3. I've tried to convince HER to go with the S3, (she couldn't really care less about specs), but she's adamant on getting "matching" phones.

my question at this point is: is there any reason the Note 2 would drop even lower between now and the end of July? my common sense says no, but I could be completely off base. (and I thought my search was over!!!!) :confused:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
small update: I had really seriously considered the S3 over the last two weeks, due to unforseen financial issues that came up in my houshold. I was deadset on getting it, but then amazon goes and drops the Note 2 down to $149.00 on upgrade. My wife, in her infinite wisdom grew weary of my constant research, put her foot down and TOLD me we're getting the Note 2, because she wouldn't be able to deal with me for the next two years if we got the S3. I've tried to convince HER to go with the S3, (she couldn't really care less about specs), but she's adamant on getting "matching" phones.

my question at this point is: is there any reason the Note 2 would drop even lower between now and the end of July? my common sense says no, but I could be completely off base. (and I thought my search was over!!!!) :confused:

The Note II was $50 a few months ago. Can't tell you what will happen, but it certainly is possible

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The Note II was $50 a few months ago. Can't tell you what will happen, but it certainly is possible

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I guess its a moot point, the BOSS has spoken! I'm getting the Note 2 on or around July 26. Unless it goes back up....:eek:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If battery life is your number one concern, I would run far away from the GS3. I don't care what the phone enthusiasts and tech people say - the GS3 battery life is sub par. I have three or four good friends (average consumers) who own the GS3 and their phones are constantly running out of juice. They are always having to plug them in to recharge.

Maxx HD is said to be the best for battery life right now. And the Note II is right behind it.

I owned the original Maxx and it usually had great battery life, but sometimes VZW would push an update out and it would really muck things up.

I love Android, but dealing with Android batteries has always been a headache. Who wants to have to train their batteries and deal with stuff like that? It's irritating. I got rid of my Rezound after like 6-7 months. The battery life was atrocious.

I currently own an iPhone, a WP8, Blackberrys, and multiple Droids) but I use the iPhone 5 the most because battery life is my number one priority. It has pretty decent life, but most importantly, it recharges at an unbelievable speed. So even if I'm power-using, I can fully charge the phone or give it a boost very quickly. I enjoyed the large battery on the Maxx, but it took a long time to recharge.

The battery life on the Lumia 822 surprised me too. Very good!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995