Advice on switching plz.

Digging my htc

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a tmobile with 2 phones. 1 a smartphone with data & 1 regular phone without data. Unlimited text & talk. We have had the plan for approx. 10 years. There are a few places we go where we don't have a signal. In those places, Verizon & AT&T do have signal. I got Tmobile because it was quiet a bit cheaper. But now, there aren't that much difference. Biggest thing is I get unlimited data with tmobile where I don't with Verizon. But, I usually only use 1 gig of data a month. I really don't want AT&T. My contract is up at the 1st of June. I would like to switch to Verizon but I really want the HTC One phone. Sounds like Verizon will be getting some version of the HTC One. One question, anyone here had both, Verizon & Tmobile? Is Verizon pretty much better than Tmobile in most places? Also, does Verizon offer a cheaper plan off contract if you pay full price for the phones? Thanks in advance.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes I've had both, Verizon was/is clearly better. That won't be true for everyone though. Verizon may be getting a version of the HTC one, but who knows. Still Verizon pretty much has every other carrier beet when it comes to coverage area.

Digging my htc

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Be prepare to pay double of what you are paying now in verizon

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII

I hope not 3R. The Verizon rep said $40 for the smartphone line & $30 for the regular line. If I can get by with 1 gig of data, that's another $50. That's $120 plus taxes. That's about what I'm paying for Tmobile. But, I have unlimited data on Tmobile. I very rarely go over 1 gig a month on data. Most places, I have wifi available. Does Verizon have a hidden expense that I'm not seeing? Thanks,

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I hope not 3R. The Verizon rep said $40 for the smartphone line & $30 for the regular line. If I can get by with 1 gig of data, that's another $50. That's $120 plus taxes. That's about what I'm paying for Tmobile. But, I have unlimited data on Tmobile. I very rarely go over 1 gig a month on data. Most places, I have wifi available. Does Verizon have a hidden expense that I'm not seeing? Thanks,

Just regular taxes and fees. Verizon is a little more expensive than all of then others except ATT but it is not double. I could save $10-$20 a month on others but it is not worth it for the coverage that I am accustomed to.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a tmobile with 2 phones. 1 a smartphone with data & 1 regular phone without data. Unlimited text & talk. We have had the plan for approx. 10 years. There are a few places we go where we don't have a signal. In those places, Verizon & AT&T do have signal. I got Tmobile because it was quiet a bit cheaper. But now, there aren't that much difference. Biggest thing is I get unlimited data with tmobile where I don't with Verizon. But, I usually only use 1 gig of data a month. I really don't want AT&T. My contract is up at the 1st of June. I would like to switch to Verizon but I really want the HTC One phone. Sounds like Verizon will be getting some version of the HTC One. One question, anyone here had both, Verizon & Tmobile? Is Verizon pretty much better than Tmobile in most places? Also, does Verizon offer a cheaper plan off contract if you pay full price for the phones? Thanks in advance.

while Tmboible is upgrading their coverage quickly, verizon is hands down the best in coverage. I work for a division of UPS dealing with OTR truckers, and they all swear by verizon. AT&T is a close 2nd, based on my years of truckers griping/praising their cellphone coverage. I've been with verizon almost 10 years myself, and i have dropped less than five calls in that whole time, and have a signal when others around me on other carriers have none (tornado warnings/watch). you do get what you pay for, at least in this case.

Digging my htc

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree Dolphin, I am expecting my bill to be approximately $10 a month more. I think it would be well worth it for the best coverage. Tmobile is not awful, but it doesn't have the coverage in my area. Now, if Verizon and HTC would bring the One to Verizon, I would be ready to switch over.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Be prepare to pay double of what you are paying now in verizon

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII

I am paying just under $45 for my share of the family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE on Verizon, which includes taxes and discount . I would consider going to tmo if the savings was substantial, like half the price as you mentioned, but I couldn't find any plan that offers unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE for $23 or less with subsidized phones.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae