Upgrades pushed back to 24 months

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I remember when Sprint did this. They also let some people (me included) to do a one-time upgrade before the 24 month upgrade time frame. Hopefully Verizon does the same for you guys :)

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I remember when Sprint did this. They also let some people (me included) to do a one-time upgrade before the 24 month upgrade time frame. Hopefully Verizon does the same for you guys :)
What the article said is if you have an upgrade date before 9/1/2013, you get to keep that upgrade date. Otherwise, your upgrade will be aligned with your end of contract date.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Verizon in most places has a monopoly on 4G LTE so they are trying to take advantage of that because they know that soon the other carriers will catch up.

I foresee ATT following in this change, so I don't think switching to ATT will help bring about any changes in Verizon's policy.

There is one thing and one thing only that will stop Verizon from behaving like a monopolist/oligopolist - regulation. So write your congressperson.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Bummer for people on Verizon. And yeah, wouldn't be shocked to see AT&T mirror this policy somewhere down the line. Whatever though, I buy unlocked phones. Haven't used an upgrade in a long time.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Users can leave, since there is no upgrade to use until they are off contact
right, that was the whole point of the upgrades being 4 months earlier than the contract expiration date. Verizon is really feeling cocky about their 4G LTE superiority. Now they don't think they need to do anything to keep you as a customer.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
right, that was the whole point of the upgrades being 4 months earlier than the contract expiration date. Verizon is really feeling cocky about their 4G LTE superiority. Now they don't think they need to do anything to keep you as a customer.

that's pretty much what the world is coming to. Walmart (my part time job) is pretty much the same way. their customer service and loyalty is pretty much nil. I have seen customers cuss out managers, and associates, and promise they will never shop there again. in two to three days time, I see that same customer again. corporate america at it's best!

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'll be getting the S5 or iPhone 6 now. :) It just seems that we're paying more and more, and getting less and less in return.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Guess I'll be getting the S5 or iPhone 6 now. :) It just seems that we're paying more and more, and getting less and less in return.
Write your congressperson. They are going to keep doing this more and more. Their licenses of the public spectrum can be modified or terminated, but only if people get in an uproar over this.

The wireless companies need to be treated like any other public utility - heavily regulated.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
VZW customer service is feigning ignorance...

2gufevk.jpg

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
"Verizon has also given a 3 day notice that all New Every Two program credits will expire. Anyone wishing to make use of their credits before they're gone forever must do so before April 15."

I'm confused. This sounds like someone can have more than one "credit"? Can any explain what this means? My contract has been expired for some time now only because I still like my Thunderbolt. What will I not be able to do after April 15th?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
no problems here, I upgrade in July 2013. and even if I weren't what's the big whoop?? it's four months.
Upgrades used to be 18 months with a $100 NE2 credit. Then they went to 20 months and the NE2 credit was eliminated. Now 24 months. Do you get what the big whoop is? If not, you never will.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they're not pretending...lol
Why is Verizon customer service always the last to know!?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
For me this may be the last straw. I was loving when they had 1 year contracts available, but that ended with the iPhone. Then the tiered data plans. Now this. They may have the best service, but they are the most expensive, and most restrictive. Don't get me started on timely software updates...

My wife's contract is up in a few months, and we just ordered a Nexus4 and Net10 SIM card to test drive their service for 1 month. If things work out well, I will be gong this same route when my contract is done.

It was nice knowing you Verizon, it was a good run while it lasted....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol