Verizon still doing it

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Driving 48 states, I need a signal...nine places out of ten, I get one with Verizon.

I'll pay for that.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Driving 48 states, I need a signal...nine places out of ten, I get one with Verizon.

I'll pay for that.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

:thumbup: being a militiary family, there is no telling where we will be moved next and who the best carrier is in that area. We pay to play it safe and know we are covered almost anywhere we go. From Memphis, TN, to Marion, AR, to Ft. Riley, KS, to Ft. Sam Houston, TX, and even Tucson, AZ in the foothills of the Catalinas, we have always had 3g with 4g more times than not.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Because only Verizon has bloatware.

Because all carrier phones on other carriers get their updates quickly.

Because no other carrier has extra fees and charges.

lol.

Did you actually read my post or were you looking to mock?

Tinkering means removing things like blocking mode and the wifi toggle from the drop down.

I listed 2 specific fees that VZ charges that the others don't.

I guess you had no smart a$$ comment for VZ being late to the party with phones and updates.

I really enjoy participating on these forums, but it still amazes me that people cannot respect other's opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I
I for one will be leaving when my contractis up next month. There is no denying their robust network, but their over-tinkering of phones, slow updates, extra fees and charges, lack of early upgrades, and highest price of any provider will lead me away. It's the only form of protest I know, and unfortunately, it will mean nothing to them.

4 smart phone lines with 6gb and 20% corp discount
VZ AT&T
$160 $140
$64 $72 Data
$15 $0 Good app
$3 $0 Visual Voice Mail
$242 $212

I understand that a lot of people don't use the Good app, but VZ is the only company to charge for it, and they only charge Android users, not iPhone users. They are also the only company to charge for VVM. Multiple calls got me nowhere on the extra charges and emails go unreturned. I doubt any company really cares, but they have made it clear to me that they don't. I even ported a number out to test another network and not even a call or email to find out why, or a "we want you back" solicitation.

I will miss LTE everywhere, but AT&T is a close second near me.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Android Central Forums

You could assume liability of an old individual plan and add 3 lines to make a family plan un discounted price is

Voice $90 700 min
Data $120 for 8 GB (2gb per line)
$18 good and vvm

So $228 before discount. After discount, it would be closer to what att is.
I would also recommend assuming liability of an unlimited line since the discount for unlimited data applies. For tiered data, you would have to move to a higher tier to get discount.

There is also a 550 min family loyalty plan that you may qualify for saving you another $10

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I

You could assume liability of an old individual plan and add 3 lines to make a family plan un discounted price is

Voice $90 700 min
Data $120 for 8 GB (2gb per line)
$18 good and vvm

So $228 before discount. After discount, it would be closer to what att is.
I would also recommend assuming liability of an unlimited line since the discount for unlimited data applies. For tiered data, you would have to move to a higher tier to get discount.

There is also a 550 min family loyalty plan that you may qualify for saving you another $10

That might work, but I need the unlimited minutes for work. I am afraid of going over without it. Thanks!

seanlongoria

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I really don't get all of this Verizon hate. If you don't like the company, chances are you have other options. My monthly bill actually went down when I switched from AT&T and service in my area is much better on VZW.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That might work, but I need the unlimited minutes for work. I am afraid of going over without it. Thanks!

You can make calls free over Grooveip. Quality isn't as good and it does use data, but if you are on budget then it is an option.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, but these are business calls. It's less of a budget concern as it is a why pay Vz more for the same concern. I really don't even csre that much about VVM because I use Google Voice for VM, but again it's the point of it all. Thanks again!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
all true points. but to some extent, WHAT company out there is really PRO consumer?? their job is to get as much of our money out of our grubby little hands into their grubby little hands. I work for UPS and Walmart, two of the greediest companies on the planet, but both have pretty much cornered the market in thier respective fields, which allows them to be "anti-consumer". you can threaten Walmart all you want about going to Target, but they KNOW you'll be back. Verizon is pretty much the same way. oh yeah, you may leave for a couple of years, but the numbers don't lie...98.9 million subscribers. that is nuts.

I left for a year after being with Verizon for 16 years. Barely lasted a year with sprint and came back. Sprint was beyond horrible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, but these are business calls. It's less of a budget concern as it is a why pay Vz more for the same concern. I really don't even csre that much about VVM because I use Google Voice for VM, but again it's the point of it all. Thanks again!

If it is for business, imo, all the more reason to use Verizon. Yes, it is more costly, but more reliable overall. Cost isn't the be all end all of things, especially for business.

This the same reason why businesses buy dedicated Internet used by many businesses are so much more expensive. You can get personal Internet at 2 gbps for $51 depending on where you live .an oc-3 line which is way slower at around 155 mbps is going to run you tens of thousands of dollars.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I left for a year after being with Verizon for 16 years. Barely lasted a year with sprint and came back. Sprint was beyond horrible.

sprint is what I left from to join verizon over ten years ago. if they're horrible now, think about how bad they were back then. I dropped local calls in KC (A Sprint headquarter city) daily. and their customer service was beyond terrible. now I hear they've improved up to just plain terrible. I'd go with Boost mobile before going back to sprint.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
sprint is what I left from to join verizon over ten years ago. if they're horrible now, think about how bad they were back then. I dropped local calls in KC (A Sprint headquarter city) daily. and their customer service was beyond terrible. now I hear they've improved up to just plain terrible. I'd go with Boost mobile before going back to sprint.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't boost mobile run off of sprint towers? Or was that your point and it was just lost on me..

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't boost mobile run off of sprint towers? Or was that your point and it was just lost on me..

LOL...they probably do. either way, Sprint is still way below what I want to pay my hard earned dollar for. I'll stick with "arrogant" verizon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Both boost and vmu are sprint wholly owned subsidiaries.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
all true points. but to some extent, WHAT company out there is really PRO consumer?? their job is to get as much of our money out of our grubby little hands into their grubby little hands. I work for UPS and Walmart, two of the greediest companies on the planet, but both have pretty much cornered the market in thier respective fields, which allows them to be "anti-consumer". you can threaten Walmart all you want about going to Target, but they KNOW you'll be back. Verizon is pretty much the same way. oh yeah, you may leave for a couple of years, but the numbers don't lie...98.9 million subscribers. that is nuts.

That would be the reason, no arguement there. 98.9 Million is alot. Now, if only half of those people called verizon and said they are canceling their services................I wonder what kind of control we would get back.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm also a driver, and I have zero problems with sprint! We use big reds towers too!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

For my uses, Sprint costs 50% MORE than Verizon. Doesn't make sense for me to switch to Sprint to spend $70 more per month. Yes, I get more from Sprint, but of stuff I don't need. However, if it works good for you, great. Just beware of sprint's limits on Roaming

" Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. Sprint As You Go?- Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 400 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100 MB or a majority of KB. "

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml?ECID=vanity:termsandconditions

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
For my uses, Sprint costs 50% MORE than Verizon. Doesn't make sense for me to switch to Sprint to spend $70 more per month. Yes, I get more from Sprint, but of stuff I don't need. However, if it works good for you, great. Just beware of sprint's limits on Roaming

" Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. Sprint As You Go?- Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 400 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100 MB or a majority of KB. "

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml?ECID=vanity:termsandconditions

Yeah, my phone very seldom has to roam! Been with sprint for 13 years and have never had any problems!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a driver, and I have zero problems with sprint! We use big reds towers too!

Voice wasn't really a problem for me with sprint. In fact, I had Verizon to fall back on so it may have been a shade better. But data was way beyond horrible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro