Do the Certified Like New Replacement Phones Come With a Charger/USB Cable/Earphones?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If their certification is anything like the refurbished warranty replacements that are also supposed to be like new, I wouldn't trust the phone to work to begin with.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
If their certification is anything like the refurbished warranty replacements that are also supposed to be like new, I wouldn't trust the phone to work to begin with.
It's the same thing. Well the good news is that you can keep taking them back until you get one that works well.

Do the warranty replacements come with the chargers/USB cords/earphones?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I know the refurbs don't, they are just a phone. They don't even have a battery if it's a model with a removable one. Never bought a certified used phone, so I don't know about them.

If they are out of refurbs, they will send a factory new warranty replacement with everything.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I know the refurbs don't, they are just a phone. They don't even have a battery if it's a model with a removable one.
Oh, that's bad.

Never bought a certified used phone, so I don't know about them.
I wasn't going to buy it. It is a certified like new replacement.

If they are out of refurbs, they will send a factory new warranty replacement with everything.
The chance they are out of refurbs on my device is slim since I think it is out of production and had lots of returns, lol!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Like the new devices?

No, they don't code with anything removable from the phone, no battery, charger, usb cable headphones, battery back, sim card, micro sd card, manual, box, etc.

Sometimes I have seen the back included, but it depends on your luck. There is a kit that comes with charger and cable,I got that once, but that was very rare

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know the refurbs don't, they are just a phone. They don't even have a battery if it's a model with a removable one. Never bought a certified used phone, so I don't know about them.

I have received new phones as clnr, and never got everything. I guess it is possible, just hasn't happened for me. I have heard of it happening for insurance claims, but not warranty claims.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have received new phones as clnr, and never got everything. I guess it is possible, just hasn't happened for me. I have heard of it happening for insurance claims, but not warranty claims.
In your experience, in what condition are the CLNR cosmetically?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It also had a stuck pixel, so I got another one.
I am worried if I get a CLNR something like that will happen - cosmetic defects and hardware defects. But I have had it with my GNex. Today I was in my neighborhood and the iPhone 5 could pull a 4G LTE signal and my GNex couldn't even get a 3G signal. I know the signal here isn't that strong, but come on. My GNex isn't even a year older than the iPhone 5.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am worried if I get a CLNR something like that will happen - cosmetic defects and hardware defects. But I have had it with my GNex. Today I was in my neighborhood and the iPhone 5 could pull a 4G LTE signal and my GNex couldn't even get a 3G signal. I know the signal here isn't that strong, but come on. My GNex isn't even a year older than the iPhone 5.

Don't worry, if it has cosmetic defects, just return it, then call in and get another one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2