Verizon has begun "Corporate Discount Validation"

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The discount being applied or a change of name should not remove unlimited data.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

Yup. Change of name would require Assumption of Liability, which allows for keeping the plan exactly the same. This is the same procedure that some people pay for unlimited data do. Keep in mind though that depending on credit worthiness, a deposit may be required.

With that said, you don't need to change the name assuming that your wife has a corporate email account. Just sign up with your info but your wife's email. Verizon would send your wife an email and she would have to confirm. That's it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
She sent Verizon email from her business account, got back an email that said that she was, indeed, eligible, and a link. She followed the link, but it wasn't clear what exactly had to be done next. We called Verizon and were told that, first, she had to create a My Verizon acct in her own name and phone number. She did that and called back. The second csr said that creating My Verizon acct wasn't necessary, but the account has to be changed to her name, her work address, undergo a credit check, sign an agreement, etc. Since I use the account as a business expense, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to proceed. And planning to have my smartphone upgraded on the unlimited line, on top.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
She sent Verizon email from her business account, got back an email that said that she was, indeed, eligible, and a link. She followed the link, but it wasn't clear what exactly had to be done next. We called Verizon and were told that, first, she had to create a My Verizon acct in her own name and phone number. She did that and called back. The second csr said that creating My Verizon acct wasn't necessary, but the account has to be changed to her name, her work address, undergo a credit check, sign an agreement, etc. Since I use the account as a business expense, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to proceed. And planning to have my smartphone upgraded on the unlimited line, on top.

Just give her the login to the Verizon account. Or have her forward you that email and you follow the links.

I did this successfully. I had a 10% discount through a previous employer. When I added my wife to my account, turns out hers was higher (15%). I entered her work email. She forwarded me the email from Verizon. I followed the links and applied the new discount.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I got that too a few weeks ago. All I had to do was put in my email address, they sent an email to my work account, I clicked on it, and was validated. No fuss, no muss.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The discount is 14% and another 3% for the paperless billing, and it's by no means of the total monthly bill. What sort of discounts are you getting?

How did you get a 3% discount for paperless billing? I want me some of that...I've used paperless for quite sometime.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Just give her the login to the Verizon account. Or have her forward you that email and you follow the links.

I did this successfully. I had a 10% discount through a previous employer. When I added my wife to my account, turns out hers was higher (15%). I entered her work email. She forwarded me the email from Verizon. I followed the links and applied the new discount.

So, at the end, was the name on the account changed to hers?

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
It's motivated me to finally get a real Nexus phone on T-Mo.
If getting a Nexus with a cheap service plan was my only criteria, I might do the same thing. I want reliable fast coverage outside of metro areas though and T-Mobile's EDGE service doesn't cut it.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, a third csr confirmed that the account would've to we switched from mine to my wife's name and SSN in order to have the discount, and it does appear that this would jeopardize using it as my business expense. Ugh.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Then I'm not getting it. Maybe I need to speak with a third csr.

Have you tried to do it yourself?

Enter your wife's email in the verification form. When she gets the email, have her forward it to you. Login with your normal credentials. Unless the workflow has changed, I was able to apply my wife's discount without changing the account owner to her.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
If getting a Nexus with a cheap service plan was my only criteria, I might do the same thing. I want reliable fast coverage outside of metro areas though and T-Mobile's EDGE service doesn't cut it.

I hear ya. Fortunately, I never leave a strong coverage area here. If i do, the free WiFi calling should suffice. There is usually a Starbucks or something these days.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Enter your wife's email in the verification form. When she gets the email, have her forward it to you. Login with your normal credentials. Unless the workflow has changed, I was able to apply my wife's discount without changing the account owner to her.

I'll have my wife to start tomorrow anew, as the previous link had expired. We'll see.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

You're right, worked like magic. Thanks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My coworker just asked me about this today, said she got contacted but never validated I helped her validate it, which was pretty painless and only took a minute

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My mistake was telling Verizon that the discount was through my wife and proceeding to register her phone number.

dickydick

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Second most expensive carrier?
As a former AT&T employee...we used to say "you may find better service, but you'll never pay more".
More true today than it was in the 90's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret