Should a person deported from USA with 10-yr ban bother paying overdue $1270 Verizon bill?

signaltwins

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Should a person deported from USA with 10-yr ban bother paying overdue $1270 Verizon bill?
It was for an unpaid monthly invoice plus $810 ETF(two phones, prorated)

Normally, this question is pointless, as most credit history dont' follow people outside of the US.

However, this friend is being deported back to Vodaphone's home country. As you know,
Vodaphone owns a big part of Verizon. Is there any chance that Verizon will share this
person's unpaid billing history with Vodaphone? This person has impeccable credit history
in that country.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon bought out their share from Vodaphone but I don't know how that effects anything. But there are two ways to look at this.

1. Don't pay it and see if they come for the money.

2. Pay it just so its clear if they decide to come back. I'm not one for outstanding debt so I'd probably pay it myself.

But how in the world did they come to owe so much?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Dont bother. Besides vzw constantly raise prices and diminish features so that debt wont even come close to affectibg vzw in any shape or form.

Many people get huge loans to go to prestigious american private universities only to go overseas becoming debt fugitives once they get their degree.

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple VZW GSIII

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Morally, I think the that person should pay their debt regardless of whether or not it affects their credit rating.

However, even if Verizon shared the info with Vodafone, I don't think that Vodafone can nick their credit rating in England as it isn't a debt incurred there

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If they owe it, they should pay. That is the right thing to do. As for idea that a big company can absorb it, they don't. They spread it around to their customer base. Thus all other customers are likely to have to pay the tab.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Deported and questioning whether to pay a bill they owe...

Sounds like a great person to me.

Always pay your debts and never burn a bridge.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Why bother to pay something you owe, just let everybody else pick up the bill.

This is America, the land of the freebies and the home of no responsibility or consequences for your actions.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I thought Vodaphone hasn't decided yet?

Vodaphone want more money than Verizon wants to pay...Verizon doesn't think they need to pay that much for 45% of VZW. Vodaphone can be very shrewd. I remember when they did the hostel buyout of Mannesmann in Europe several years back. Verizon would find it easier I would imagine to buy the whole of Vodaphone and sell off what they don't want. Like they did with GTE years back. They have finally got rid of most of the trash that GTE owned plus much of the trash they owned before the merger between Bell Atlantic and GTE. The wireless properties that Vodaphone owned here were mostly the old AirTouch Wireless which was a company spun off from Pacific Telesus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay