4g signal booster

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've seen a few things like that but the problem is I can't get high speed Internet at my house. I've called everyone that offers high speed Internet in my area and no luck where I live

Posted via Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is designed specifically for Verizon's mifi device, not a cell phone. If that's what you are looking for, it should work fine. A yagi antenna is simply a directional antenna and if you know where the nearest tower is, you point the antenna toward it and it should work fine.

If your intention is to use one or more cell phones you need a repeater with a directional antenna, not just the antenna.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I live out in the country and my signal inside my house is horrible so I've been looking at this on amazon. Anyone know anything about this? I've been looking for reviews and video but can't find anything.
This Yagi atennae
Verizon Wireless Novatel MiFi Jetpack 4620L 4G LTE Global Hotspot External Log Periodic yagi antenna highest gain:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

You don't say what the signal outside the house? I live out in a rural area as well and the signal inside my house was terrible and I had dropped calls and 4G data was almost non existent. I could go out in the back yard and all was OK not great but OK no dropped calls and data was OK. I talked with these people on recommendation from a friend/neighbor Solid Signal - Signal Solutions including HDTV Antennas, DIRECTV & DISH Network satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies & accessories they ask a few question after I told them what my issue was and gave me a recommendation via email They recommended "Wi-Ex zBoost SOHO YX545 PCS/CEL Dual Band Wireless Extender (YX545-PCS/CEL)" for the VZW talk and 3G plus this for 4G/LTE "Wi-Ex YX550-VLTE-AWS-UPGRADEKIT zBoost SOHO YX545 4G Upgrade Kit To Quad Band (YX550-VLTE-AWS-UPGRADE KIT)" I then clicked on the recommendations from the email and read and looked at some of the reviews of others and then purchased. They arrived at my house in about 5 days after they were shipped. I pulled them out of the box set them up plugged them in and after about 2 minutes the green lights came on and I was in business, my phone had much better signal and it showed 4G/LTE on my phone. I have not had dropped calls since installing these and I have not had a problem with the data. In fact when my DSL goes down and that happens often where I live. I just turn on my hot spot and and the wife and I are back on the internet. They are not cheap but they are cheaper than the Wilson version of them, The Wilson version does work well as well as my neighbor has it. He has a little more money than me for sure. Now if you don't have an acceptable signal outside your house you will net to combine the yagi antenna with these but listen to these guys at Solid Signal and study it. Hope you find something that works for you. YMMA
Wi-Ex zBoost SOHO YX545 PCS/CEL Dual Band Wireless Extender (YX545-PCS/CEL) from Solid Signal

Wi-Ex YX550-VLTE-AWS-UPGRADEKIT zBoost SOHO YX545 4G Upgrade Kit To Quad Band VERIZON 4G LTE and T-MOBILE 4G Only from Solid Signal

Wilson 805165-ANT-DBL Tri-Band Cellular Signal Amplifier for Verizon 4G LTE With 700-2700 MHz Dual Band Panel Indoor Antenna And 700-2500 MHz Outdoor Antenna ( 805165 ANT DBL) from Solid Signal

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Wi-Ex zBoost SOHO YX545 PCS/CEL Dual Band Wireless Extender (YX545-PCS/CEL) from Solid Signal

This one does the talk and 3g data only no 4G/LTE or newer AWS

Wi-Ex YX550-VLTE-AWS-UPGRADEKIT zBoost SOHO YX545 4G Upgrade Kit To Quad Band VERIZON 4G LTE and T-MOBILE 4G Only from Solid Signal

This one will bring in the 4G/LTE and AWS if you area has it yet. If your area does not have 4G/LTE I would wait until it comes available. Both units will work off the same antenna.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

This one does the talk and 3g data only no 4G/LTE or newer AWS

This one will bring in the 4G/LTE and AWS if you area has it yet. If your area does not have 4G/LTE I would wait until it comes available. Both units will work off the same antenna.

Now I have 4g sometimes in my yard but it's weak so it goes in and out will that strengthen my 4g at all?

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Now I have 4g sometimes in my yard but it's weak so it goes in and out will that strengthen my 4g at all?

I would say you would probably need a better antenna than the little one that come with those but I would talk with those guys at Solid Signal and see what they recommend. If the price comes up to much would it really be worth it or when VZW moves the voice/text over to VoLTE you may need it. That is hard for me to say about that as there is just to much unknown. I would think VZW would be expanding the 4G/LTE and you may get a little better signal in the future. See what those guys have to say as they are experts at it. Check out the return policy I think on somethings it is somewhat liberal.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I would say you would probably need a better antenna than the little one that come with those but I would talk with those guys at Solid Signal and see what they recommend. If the price comes up to much would it really be worth it or when VZW moves the voice/text over to VoLTE you may need it. That is hard for me to say about that as there is just to much unknown. I would think VZW would be expanding the 4G/LTE and you may get a little better signal in the future. See what those guys have to say as they are experts at it. Check out the return policy I think on somethings it is somewhat liberal.

Will do thanks for all the help

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Where Are you located? I know there is one available in Canada.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3579368

I have a Uniden Booster at my cabin which works great. I'm thinking of 4G model soon.

This appears to be a signal booster not the network extended spoke of by SouthernDroid in the above comment? there are signal boosters available which work very well here and are somewhat cheaper and I have even seen one or two which is more expensive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool