best phone currently on verizon?

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
have had the gnex since jan 2011. phone has been amazingly well to me til now. its age is really showing, im tired of factory resets, i no longer put anything on my phone and have over 16gb free (i have 32gb). i stream my music now and use google drive to save all pics/videos. but its just not working out between us anymore unfortunately and its time we part. i cant wait til fall to see what new phones arrive as this phone is becoming a drag daily. from what ive seen and read, looks like s4 is the best phone for verizon, im not looking to drop a pretty penny right now. what id like to do is get the s4 and then sell it when the fall lineup comes out, ill either break even or lose/gain about $50-100 which im totally fine with.....suggestions?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S4 is probably the most technologically advanced Android phone right now, but the Droid DNA is also a nice phone (and you can probably find one for cheap on Amazon Wireless or another website). If you can wait a little bit, though, I suspect Motorola will be announcing new phones soon. I'd love to see what a third gen Maxx is like, or whatever the X Phone ends up being.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
mind you, ive been using vanilla android for 2 yrs now, so jumping to a phone with bloatware will be a huge change. im not into rooting either. as for motorola, i really hope this wait is worth every second.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're looking for resale value, either the s4, iPhone 5, or note 2 will be your best bet. The best bang for your buck would be the DNA, but it has a terrible resale value ($400 if you're lucky.)

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for resale value, either the s4, iPhone 5, or note 2 will be your best bet. The best bang for your buck would be the DNA
honestly, im not looking for resale value (i knw i could easily buy the iphone5 and profit the most but thats not what im planning) im trying to get the next best android experience to use until fall time. ive never owned an htc and have always disliked them so im skeptical about the dna (besides, verizon is only selling it as a bundle for $270 when i can get the s4 for $200) note 2 is a sick phone but too big for my taste and it wont fit in my pockets lol. so far im leaning towards s4

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
honestly, im not looking for resale value (i knw i could easily buy the iphone5 and profit the most but thats not what im planning) im trying to get the next best android experience to use until fall time. ive never owned an htc and have always disliked them so im skeptical about the dna (besides, verizon is only selling it as a bundle for $270 when i can get the s4 for $200) note 2 is a sick phone but too big for my taste and it wont fit in my pockets lol. so far im leaning towards s4

Seems like your mind is already made up, then. Those are the best phones currently on Verizon, you don't like HTCs, so you wouldnt like the One when it comes to Verizon, the notes too big, and you want to stay android. None of the razrs are worth mentioning, and you can't wait til fall. You asked what the best phones on Verizon were, and you got your answer. But it seems like you are already convinced, so I say go for the s4

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
thank you for the clarity Miss. Stough.

i just needed reassurance that my switch would be a positive one.

I don't think you will be disappointed in the s4.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
im just sliiiightly dreading touchwiz and knw im to blame for not wanting to root.
i will let everyone knw about my experience as soon as im hands on. :)

If touchwiz gets to be too much, disabling animations in developer options and using a launcher might help a bit without needing to root. And sounds good, I look forward to seeing how you like it :)

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for resale value, either the s4, iPhone 5, or note 2 will be your best bet. The best bang for your buck would be the DNA, but it has a terrible resale value ($400 if you're lucky.)

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Depends on how you buy it, you can get the Dna for about $300 NEW off contract if you signed up for the best buy gc , so if you can sell it for $400,you just made $100. Even without the gc, you would still make $50.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
If touchwiz gets to be too much, disabling animations in developer options and using a launcher might help a bit without needing to root. And sounds good, I look forward to seeing how you like it :)

started using nova launcher and wow, i completely forgot im running a stock s4. i also took all the galaxy ringtones and now it feels like i never left the gnex. so far im very satisfied with the phone and cant think of any complaints for the moment. ya theres def some changes here n there but thats just the phone itself that i need to get used to. happy camper 100%.

Chuck73080

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
started using nova launcher and wow, i completely forgot im running a stock s4. i also took all the galaxy ringtones and now it feels like i never left the gnex. so far im very satisfied with the phone and cant think of any complaints for the moment. ya theres def some changes here n there but thats just the phone itself that i need to get used to. happy camper 100%.

I just ordered my 32 GB S4 and plan to use Nova Launcher also, It's supposed to ship by 7/8 and I'm really looking forward to it. Was going to get the Note 2 until the 32GB S4 came out.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you use your phone for more than ~1.5 hours of screen time, do NOT get the DNA. I've had mine since December, and the battery is driving me crazy! It's made me neurotic about turning off wifi/data/auto-brightness/GPS/etc whenever I don't need it, because it won't last me anywhere close to a full day--even with minimal usage. My typical day is: 1/2 hr commute to and from work, reading a news app and listening to in-phone music; and, a handful of texts in between 6 hours of work. By my commute back, the thing's at 30% or lower. The lack of removable battery/lack of micro SD is a huge bummer, especially considering you only have 11GB of usable memory. Which I filled up surprisingly fast with pics/videos/music. Some relative bought me a GSM iPhone 5.. if it was CDMA, I would have switched out phones in a heartbeat--even despite my aversion to iOS. That's how much I dislike my DNA lol.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I disagree about the DNA having bad battery life. Even before rooting and flashing a rom my battery lasted all day with 3-4 hours screen time.

The best phones on Verizon currently are the:
HTC DROID DNA
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S3
HTC ONE (once it arrives)

Sent from my Carbon ROMmed HTC DNA

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
my razr Maxx non rooted is better, faster,& has longer battery life than all those you listed. NEWER DOESN'T ALWAYS MEAN BETTER. PS. I've tested all phones at Verizon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
my razr Maxx non rooted is better, faster,& has longer battery life than all those you listed. NEWER DOESN'T ALWAYS MEAN BETTER. PS. I've tested all phones at Verizon

Different strokes for different folks I guess. ...but you have low resolution screen (comparatively), sealed battery, 1GB of RAM (it does have at least 1GB doesn't it?), lower end CPU (by contemporary standards), and you had to root your phone. Some would say, therefore, it's not the best thing going on Verizon compared to contemporary options. I was on a focus group for the Razor before it came out and got one, then a Razor Maxx. Not bad phones at all...for their time, but really not packing it compared to the contemporary competition.

Sent from me LTE Note 8.0

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

My note 2 and were better than the razr maxx in terms if performance. Battery life and radios on my note 2 were better than my razr maxx.

Of course, if battery life and performance is a concern, the Razr Maxx hd should get better battery life than the razr maxx.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci