Is it possible to use my unlimited line's upgrade on another line?

swimminsurfer256

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had an upgrade available for my grandfather'd line for a while now and was wondering if it's at all possible to swap/move/whatever that upgrade to a different line on my account without resetting the unlimited data plan!

That is, Line A has unlimited data and an upgrade available. Line B is a **** phone and doesn't have an upgrade available. Is there any way I can get that upgrade from Line A to B without losing the unlimited data on Line A?

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't quote me on this, but I think the way you do it is online, transfer upgrade, then when you get the new phone, activate it on the other line, but the unlimited line, then transfer the new phone to the unlimited line.
You can only do this through Verizon and not a third party like Best Buy. I've heard they'll do this in store too, not I'm always weary of Verizon employees. They might "accidentally" put you on a share everything plan, so do it all through the website if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tvue83

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You do know there is thread about keeping unlimited data...lol... It's on the front page too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just saw that lol. But that is the right way to do it? I'm waiting for the HTC One, and have a dumbphone line ready to rip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
The short answer is yes, you can; you transfer the upgrade to the non-unlimited line, order and activate the phone you want on the non-unlimited line, then switch the phone to the unlimited line.

See the other thread for more details.