When dialing 911 from my Verizon phone, does my local 911 dispatch pick up?(same one as when dialed

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
When dialing 911 from my Verizon phone, does my local 911 dispatch pick up?

Is it thesame one as when dialed from my landline phone?

(assuming both calls are made from inside my home, with the landline phone and Verizon cell phone next to each other)

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Depends on where the tower is. Closest center to the signal will pick up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's correct, whichever jurisdiction covers the tower you're on when making the call, home or otherwise, will be the dispatch center that answers. They have become pretty good with cross communication too. I.e. the tower you're on is in a different jurisdiction, they can quickly get the right people on the line to help you. I've ran into that several times while driving and was near a county boarder.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
In our area and I think pretty much all over the country like you're sheriff's departments are the ones that get the 911 cell calls. they then transfer them to the correct jurisdiction . I'm a 911 dispatcher so this is how we do it. Call comes in, County determines the proper jurisdiction and transfers the call to that jurisdiction. they push a button and the call gets transferred to us if it's in our area.