My phone upgrades are available, what are my options?

mostd0pe

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon obviously and I was lucky enough (at the time) to have been grandfathered into that 1400 minute plan with unlimited data. We have two phones, HTC Rezound(mine) and a Motorola DX2(wife), both do for upgrades in August. I'm probably going to wait until some new phones come out, nothing I see entices me right now.

Down to the point, how can we upgrade without losing our unlimited data? What are our options, any way to get around this? My wife is dying for a new phone, here DX2 is 2 years old and falling apart plus I'd love to get away from HTC. I appreciate any help with this.

Exastify

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
With two lines and both on unlimited data, it is not possible to upgrade and keep unlimited on both. However, if you add a third line you can keep unlimited on both devices:

1. Active third dumbphone line
2. Transfer upgrade from one of your devices to the dumbphone line
3. Buy subsidized phone on the dumbphone line (dumphone line now has a $30 data plan)
4. Receive new phone and activate it on dumbphone line
5. Deactivate new phone from dumbphone line and activate it on the line you want it to be on
6. Transfer upgrade from the other device to the dumbphone line
<repeat steps to receive & activate>
7. Activate dumbphone back unto dumbphone line, and drop the data plan from it.
7. Now you have your two main lines with new smartphones, and unlimited data. You also have a third dumbphone line.

So you can do it, but you need to add and pay for a dumbphone line for two years. Considering you are upgrading two phones, it would be worth it. (Only upgrading one phone means you are paying $10x20 months = $200 to upgrade, at that point you may consider just buying off contract)

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Your options are lose your unlimited data and go the 2GB plan or Buy the device outright and or use there device payment plan

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995