Will Verizon join the update anytime trend?

Fredo_p

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been noticing more and more commercials from mobile service providers offering. Obviously they made their commercials poke fun at other providers who are still on a 2-yr contract before you can upgrade.:-\

Has anyone heard if Verizon will be jumping with this trend to keep competition equal?

What exactly are the requirements behind the "Upgrade Anytime"?

I'm sure there are some restrictions/limitations to the application of the "Upgrade Anytime" thing.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes Verizon will start offering VERIZON EDGE.

Its basically a leasing program where you pay a monthly fee towards the phone and after you've paid half of it you can either trade it up for a new model and begin making payments from scratch or you can just continue to pay monthly fees until you've paid off your current phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Its basically a leasing program where you pay a monthly fee towards the phone and after you've paid half of it you can either trade it up for a new model and begin making payments from scratch or you can just continue to pay monthly fees until you've paid off your current phone.

You are basically losing the subsidy on Verizon edge, so you would be better off getting the first phone on contract, selling the phone buying the next phones on sale via the etf method until the end of the 2 years contract, and start over

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Fredo_p

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Weird, I've never heard of Verizon Edge. But I never liked the idea of leasing in general. Need to look into this and see what it's all about.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Weird, I've never heard of Verizon Edge. But I never liked the idea of leasing in general. Need to look into this and see what it's all about.

It's not a lease, it's a finance. Once you've paid off 50% of the phone, you may return the phone to Verizon or continue paying it off.

Fredo_p

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
not worth a $20/mo hidden charge if you do it before your contract is up

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Tried to look around the VZ website and couldn't see any other contract statements about Verizon Edge. Could you post a link to the Terms and Agreements where this might be listed?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Tried to look around the VZ website and couldn't see any other contract statements about Verizon Edge. Could you post a link to the Terms and Agreements where this might be listed?

You won't find much on it on the website since it's still more than 20+ days out.

Using the Big Red Samsung Galaxy S4

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Edge is suppose to start Aug 25th.
I am OK being on contract. I do not want to lease till I own. Special pricing being on contract is fine.

sent from my amazing Note2

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but my friend works for verizon and he sells upgrades for 50 bucks lol when they catch him he's toast. (If you didn't understand that if you're not due for a upgrade for x amount of time you pay him and he'll make you eligible in a day)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It starts august 25th and is only available for share everything plan.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/07/edge-device-payment-early-upgrade.html

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Which makes it a ripoff. Share Everything is pointless if you don't have more than one smartphone. In fact it's a ripoff just like this program. Buy the phone outright and if you want to upgrade then trade into a website such as Gazelle or use eBay. Any of those options are better.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I talked to a Verizon rep on the phone the other day and they told me you cannot use edge if you are on a contract and I needed to wait until January to use edge

Posted via Android Central App

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but my friend works for verizon and he sells upgrades for 50 bucks lol when they catch him he's toast. (If you didn't understand that if you're not due for a upgrade for x amount of time you pay him and he'll make you eligible in a day)

Toast? He could be facing legal action.....

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I talked to a Verizon rep on the phone the other day and they told me you cannot use edge if you are on a contract and I needed to wait until January to use edge

You have to be eligible for an upgrade in order to qualify for edge. They aren't just going to let you break contract in the middle or early unfortunately.

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
You have to be eligible for an upgrade in order to qualify for edge. They aren't just going to let you break contract in the middle or early unfortunately.

I was hoping they would "finance" me a new phone while I am still on contract and paying a subsidy on my RAZR maxx.

Oh well

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance