Verizon, you may be losing unlimited soon. Sprint unlimited = forever and confirmed from a CS agent.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I wish sprint coverage wasn't ultimate crap here. Thinking T mobile is a step up from sprint around here. In the mountains, verizon is the only network worth anything. Unlimited data is only good is there is a signal. I bet sprint kicks but in some areas, just not around the foothills......shut up and take my money verizon:)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Read the terms of agreement. That will always tell the truth.

Either way I got unlimited on tmobile so Yay.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon may be losing unlimited soon. Also, the world may be ending soon. Which is probably more likely than Sprint?s network being equal to Verizon's network soon.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Read the terms of agreement. That will always tell the truth.

Either way I got unlimited on tmobile so Yay.

Ah ah ah, T-Mobile isn't truly unlimited. Use tethering or WiFi hotspot when you're not allowed and off the unlimited plan you go. Sprint does not do that :), or I would have been kicked off a long time ago.

Sent from the stars...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ah ah ah, T-Mobile isn't truly unlimited. Use tethering or WiFi hotspot when you're not allowed and off the unlimited plan you go. Sprint does not do that :), or I would have been kicked off a long time ago.

Sent from the stars...

My understanding is that if you roam over a certain amount on sprint, that they may warn you, and after a time, may cancel you.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Nice thread OP. First you post it in the Sprint forum and a minute later here in the Verizon one (with a modified title as if to poke at Verizon customers)? C'Mon man! Bad form, bad form. :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice thread OP. First you post it in the Sprint forum and a minute later here in the Verizon one (with a modified title as if to poke at Verizon customers)? C'Mon man! Bad form, bad form. :(

It is called trolling...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sent from the stars...

Just because Sprint is to busy to monitor it doesn't mean you're ALLOWED to tether off your phone for free. You're not... They want you to pay for it and have 5 GB. So don't act like they are letting you lol...

Regardless you can tether off of tmobile easily by rooting and modifying the coding within the tether app so they don't see the data. People on the forums here have done it and my buddy does it at work so he can tether his tablet.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Its a terrible attempt too considering unlimited data isn't worth crap with Sprints crappy network.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Even if Verizon ends unlimited, I won't switch to Sprint. It is like going to a crappy all you can eat buffet vs. A good restaurant serving only one portion...

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and leaving for Verizon very soon. The best quote I've heard about Sprint's "unlimited" data is, "All you can eat rice. One grain at a time". Oh so true.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that if you roam over a certain amount on sprint, that they may warn you, and after a time, may cancel you.
I can vouch for this. I got kicked off for roaming too much data. They apparently did try to warn me, but only once through the mail and our mail service is great at loosing important stuff like that. So I didn't know until getting the final notice that I was being kicked off, nor have a chance at cutting my usage before it was too late (which I could do).

And here's the real kicker: I looked at my usage statistics regularly on their website and it listed in network and roaming as separate items, and roaming was also shown to be unlimited. I was tempted to file a compliant against them for being misleading, but much happier on VZW anyway for about the same price. Plus they use several forms of communication if they need to speak with me.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

That's correct, under the new terms and conditions its only 100mb of roaming whereas it used to be 300mb.

Its a very good way to get out of contract without getting an etf.

Sent from the stars...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's correct, under the new terms and conditions its only 100mb of roaming whereas it used to be 300mb.

Its a very good way to get out of contract without getting an etf.

Sent from the stars...

Very true, have heard of people using this loophole to get out of contract

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why you need to bring up Sprint in a Verizon area but Sprint sucks! My work had them and I would constantly lose signal in and around my area which is st Louis, shouldn't be any problems in this area

Posted via Android Central App

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Some people at my work went to sprint phones because they were cheaper. Now they get mad because the service sucks and it takes forever to receive work email on them. I always tell them they should have stayed on Verizon and they wouldn't have those issue.

When will people learn.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star