Does Vzn have one of those $50/$60 off contract companies my sister could switch to and still use...

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
her droid rzr maxx with?

Right now she has a regular vzn plan and pays $110 before tax, her eft at this point would be $260 but she would save $50/month if she went with one of those $50/$55/$60ish off contract plans. are any of those companies owned by vzn so she could still use her phone?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I think you can use virgin mobile, boost mobile, cricket, and there may be another. Have you looked into Verizon's pre paid? Its unlimited talk and text with 2gigs data for 60$

Set Your Location

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

wow, that almost seems to good to be true. she can do ultd talk/text w/ 2gb data for $60, or ultd talk/text + 4gb data for $70.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Droid rzr maxx is 4g lte. The only way to flash it to boost would be by a third party doing the flashing and setting up an acct. And no 4g. It's risky and she could end up losing her number. Straight talk has a byop but only 3 g phones..... So the maxx is out. Vzw prepaid is only with specified vzw phones....no maxx. If she is trying to cut down price.....see if someone will assume liability of her line....no etf and she can go to any prepaid she wants....most phones are under 200=sell maxx and use to buy new boost, virgin, vzwprepaid, or straighttalk phone. Even the Sammy s3 is 350 at vm or boost.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Droid rzr maxx is 4g lte. The only way to flash it to boost would be by a third party doing the flashing and setting up an acct. And no 4g. It's risky and she could end up losing her number. Straight talk has a byop but only 3 g phones..... So the maxx is out. Vzw prepaid is only with specified vzw phones....no maxx. If she is trying to cut down price.....see if someone will assume liability of her line....no etf and she can go to any prepaid she wants....most phones are under 200=sell maxx and use to buy new boost, virgin, vzwprepaid, or straighttalk phone. Even the Sammy s3 is 350 at vm or boost.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

could she port her number to any of the other pre-paid ones you mention? (she would sell the maxx then)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

You can bring your own phone to Verizon prepaid, but it has to be 3g. So any recent smartphone is out.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/prepaid/smartphone-plans/&token=ZKDwgN4c

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, my opinion is just sell the Droid razr maxx, and pay $200 for the nexus 4, then move to a gsm carrier.

If money is very tight and you are having issues with the phone, Verizon may replace it with another phone, say the s3, which can be used on domestic gsm, but may need root for data. This assumes that you have warranty or extended warranty.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes she could, but what about the etf? If she is comfortable with paying etf...any of the prepaids will do. Straight talk has certain phones that use vzw towers.....boost/vm is sprint. Att and tmo are also available thru st.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes she could, but what about the etf? If she is comfortable with paying etf...any of the prepaids will do. Straight talk has certain phones that use vzw towers.....boost/vm is sprint. Att and tmo are also available thru st.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Yes, she's good to pay for the etf, it's $260 at this point. great, thanks! And the pre-paids are 4g? Her plan, or rather my plan for her, was actually to go with tmo or sprint,whichever has best coverage in her area, but if there is a pre-paid that would work just as well, she?ll be into that.

Last edited:

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, my opinion is just sell the Droid razr maxx, and pay $200 for the nexus 4, then move to a gsm carrier.

If money is very tight and you are having issues with the phone, Verizon may replace it with another phone, say the s3, which can be used on domestic gsm, but may need root for data. This assumes that you have warranty or extended warranty.

tmo is gsm, right? what is the advantage of gsm vs. cdma? I have no idea but i can tell you her phone habits: she is a normal user. phone/text/internet. would never root. and probably doesn't even know what the dif is btwn 4.0 and 4.3 android. Tmo would be an extra $120 a year for her i think over sprint if she were to go with a non-nexus phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
tmo is gsm, right? what is the advantage of gsm vs. cdma? I have no idea but i can tell you her phone habits: she is a normal user. phone/text/internet. would never root. and probably doesn't even know what the dif is btwn 4.0 and 4.3 android. Tmo would be an extra $120 a year for her i think over sprint if she were to go with a non-nexus phone.

Different technology. But really cdma is on its way out i think. Nexus 4 right now is the best deal if on a budget. But of course, you also need a phone that suits her needs.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would use tmo w a Nex4 and get a s.t. SIM from wallyworld. They claim 4g but it's actually hspa+...none of the prepaids are lte yet. But boost..vm are trying hard to claim it's coming..I was a vm customer for three yrs...went to vzw for lte.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

jgraves12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Virgin has had LTE for a while now, granted it runs off of Sprints lackluster network, but it's still LTE. I believe they have 3 LTE enabled phones now, the Galaxy Victory, Galaxy S3, and the LG Optimus F3.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty