I keep getting sent refurbished phones that don't work? Can I get a different phone of equal value?

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been on the Rezound since it came out, I returned my Nexus because people where telling me how good the Rezound was. I've been sent numerous refurbished ones due to problems with the Rezound. I just received my 5th refurbished Rezound yesterday and it has problems right off the bat, it won't charge. Is there any way to get Verizon to send me a different phone, different brand, but of equal value? I'm really tired of this happening, I understand that phones don't last forever, but 5 Rezounds, c'mon?. I'm paying almost $200 month for there services and I can't even get a phone that works. Has anyone been able to do this, swap for different phone of equal value?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suggest calling their customer service and describing to them exactly what you've described to us--5 Rezounds, all of them with problems. Ask them for something different but equivalent. If the agent you're talking to says they can't, then politely ask if there is someone else who would have the ability to do so (i.e., their supervisor). Keep escalating until you talk to someone who can help. If that doesn't work, I suggest writing a letter/email (in a professional and cordial tone) to the Verizon CEO explaining the problem. Let them know you've been a loyal Verizon customer, and that you really want to stick with them, but having 5 faulty phones in a row is a bit excessive, and is there anything he or she could do to help?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I have had Verizon replace a phone with another model three times. They replaced a Samsung Fascinate with a Charge. They replaced a thunderbolt with a RAZR and a Galaxy Nexus with a RAZR MAXX.

You have to be persistent and go up a level. I do most of my complaints on the phone. When I was replacing the Galaxy Nexus (third phones they actually made me go into a corporate store to verify there was a problem. I guess I got "flagged". The store confirmed the problem and I got a new phone.

The Thunderbolt and Nexus took like 3-4 phones before they replaced with a new model. The Fascinate was replaced on the first call (specific problem with Fascinates.)

Currently on a Note 2 and iPhone 5 since launch, no problems.

Fascinate would not ring when someone was calling. Verizon was replacing all Fascinates for awhile.

Thunderbolt was a piece of crap. Multiple problems on every phone.

Galaxy Nexus was also crap. Main problem was the phone turned on with any slight jarring. Pretty much when ever I took the phone out of my pocket it was turned off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, as detailed above. I've had Verizon replace a Blackberry Storm with a Blackberry Tour. I've also had them replace a Motorola RAZR HD Maxx with a Note II for not only me but my friend too.

Its hilarious because I may have been one of the only people who never had an issue with the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, as detailed above. I've had Verizon replace a Blackberry Storm with a Blackberry Tour. I've also had them replace a Motorola RAZR HD Maxx with a Note II for not only me but my friend too.

Its hilarious because I may have been one of the only people who never had an issue with the Thunderbolt.

The biggest issue for me was the radio because I was in a marginal service area. I had multiple replacements, and all had the same radio problems.

Anyway, Verizon replaced it with the rezound, and then replaced that with the Droid razr maxx all under warranty.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the Rezound since it came out, I returned my Nexus because people where telling me how good the Rezound was. I've been sent numerous refurbished ones due to problems with the Rezound. I just received my 5th refurbished Rezound yesterday and it has problems right off the bat, it won't charge. Is there any way to get Verizon to send me a different phone, different brand, but of equal value? I'm really tired of this happening, I understand that phones don't last forever, but 5 Rezounds, c'mon?. I'm paying almost $200 month for there services and I can't even get a phone that works. Has anyone been able to do this, swap for different phone of equal value?

This pained me to read because this is exactly what happened to me in 2010 when I got my first Motorola Droid. First one crapped out after two months and then I went through like 6 refurbished ones before they gave up and gave me a new contract on the release date of the droid 2. There is hope, my friend.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via the AC Forums app

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I was lucky and rather painless replaced a Bionic for a Rezound and then that same Rezound for a Galaxy Nexus. I just asked once and they said "yes they can do it."

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I got off the phone with them, talked to tech support, she put me on hold while she talked to a supervisor. NO LUCK! They said they couldn't do it. I even threatened to cancel right then and there. They told me they would send another Rezound from a different factory, lol. I'm so pissed, I'm leaving in December once my contract is up. They told me I could upgrade and get new phones but lose my unlimited data, pretty much my only option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a bummer. The last recourse is to write a letter to the CEO. It works, sometimes.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got off the phone with them, talked to tech support, she put me on hold while she talked to a supervisor. NO LUCK! They said they couldn't do it. I even threatened to cancel right then and there. They told me they would send another Rezound from a different factory, lol. I'm so pissed, I'm leaving in December once my contract is up. They told me I could upgrade and get new phones but lose my unlimited data, pretty much my only option.

Just hang up and call back. Try it a few times. Also, be patient, firm and persistent. Usually, the first couple of times the csr will say no, in my experience.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just hang up and call back. Try it a few times. Also, be patient, firm and persistent. Usually, the first couple of times the csr will say no, in my experience.

My experience is it always works the first time but I usually know how to deal with this. Also, don't use the threat to cancel because its used so much and seems as if you want an upgrade and nothing else. I've never used that because its so obvious that most people bluff.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had luck with getting replacements for a different model, but keep in mind the different model will usually be refurbished as well. I.e. when going from a Razr to S3, I had to buy the battery and back cover separately since the refurb didn't have them.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had luck with getting replacements for a different model, but keep in mind the different model will usually be refurbished as well. I.e. when going from a Razr to S3, I had to buy the battery and back cover separately since the refurb didn't have them.

I did too but Verizon gave me a credit towards my bill when I went from a RAZR HD Maxx to a Note II. I had to order a battery cover, battery and SPen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Actually, you should ask to speak to the supervisor yourself--don't let the customer service rep do the talking. It's much easier for the supervisor to turn you down if he or she doesn't have to talk to you directly.

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I do have two upgrades but I lose unlimited. I found a gnex on craigslist for $100. I'll use that I guess until my contract is up in Dec.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding that if you have unlimited data they are not doing crap for you, go ahead and leave, they don't care.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Not true. I've had phone swaps for both my friend and I. He was on a Share Everything while I'm on Unlimited and it took the same amount of effort to reach a fair resolution.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not true. I've had phone swaps for both my friend and I. He was on a Share Everything while I'm on Unlimited and it took the same amount of effort to reach a fair resolution.

I'm talking about getting something technically not allowed. If it's something allowed such as phone swap for warranty then yes no problems, but if you want them to bend the rules a little your going to have better luck if your on a share plan versus unlimited. That's what I meant

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm talking about getting something technically not allowed. If it's something allowed such as phone swap for warranty then yes no problems, but if you want them to bend the rules a little your going to have better luck if your on a share plan versus unlimited. That's what I meant

I was staying within the topic so I thought that's what you were referring to. Him and I switched from RAZR HD Maxx to Note II phones which technically wasn't allowed. The reason for this was the Note II was an Iconic device while the Motorola was not. The rules were bent but that may have a lot to do with the way I speak to them.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was staying within the topic so I thought that's what you were referring to. Him and I switched from RAZR HD Maxx to Note II phones which technically wasn't allowed. The reason for this was the Note II was an Iconic device while the Motorola was not. The rules were bent but that may have a lot to do with the way I speak to them.

Sorry I strayed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos