Upgrade now - or hold off until Q4?

BRye

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I currently have a GNex which I bought day one and due to upgrade my phone. The phone isn't terrible, but lately the battery has been lackluster and I've experienced a few hiccups in performance over the past several months. The Droid Maxx and Moto X were both phones I was considering, but now I am wondering if perhaps I should hold off a little longer for the Nexus 5 (expected in Q4 if I recall correctly)? I know there are a lot of rumors and misled information being passed around, but generally speaking - will the Nexus 5 be worth waiting for? Is it expected to be above and beyond the current Droid line and Moto X? Also, are there any other phones I should consider which are due to release relatively soon as well? I am pretty open to different phones/opinions (especially opinions from former and current GNex users). The one thing I do know is I do not want an iPhone. I apologize for such a vague question, but am very interested to hear any and all feedback.

Thanks!

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There will always be a better phone just around the corner. Any of the current devices would be a great upgrade. I am waiting to check out the Note 3 and LG G2.

I doubt that Verizon will get another Nexus until they support LTE only devices

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Well... my brief perspective, since you've waited this long since your last upgrade, I would wait for the LG G2 for sure. The relatively lesser Moto specs basically aren't worth it after waiting so long. They're the same price for upgrades unless of course you had to have the MAXX for battery of course.

from my DNA

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Note 3 and LG G2 are the only other big phones that'll be release, I don't think Q4 will be as good as far as any new decent phones.

Correct me if I am wrong but their hasn't been any leaks for new high end phones coming out in the coming months. Sure the new nexus devices but I doubt Verizon will get any.

But if you want the note or g2 I say wait for release which isn't too far away maybe a few weeks

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Htc ONE MAX FOLKS :) and that SONY Phablet but I care more about the note 3 and htc one max .........OHHHHH AND of course the iPhone 5s I will buy ASAP :)

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am either getting a Motorola X developer edition 32 gb, a Verizon Nexus 5, or a Note 3. Since the N5 may be a pipe dream, my plan is to wait until around Thanksgiving when Verizon typically extends their typical 14 day return period till early January for the benefit of holiday shoppers.

I will get either a Note 3 or regular Moto X and will return either one and pay the $35 restocking fee if I decide I don't like.

If I like the regular Moto X, I'll probably return it for an IPhone, sell the IPhone and use the cash to get the developer edition.

If, by some miracle, Verizon gets the N5, it becomes a 2 horse race between it and the Note 3. $35 is a fair tradeoff to evaluate a new device for 4 to 6 weeks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz