Are Verizon Upgrades Transferable?

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that I'm not in love with. I got it back in March of this year and it works fine, nothing wrong with it, but it's a little to large and the main feature I got it for, the stylus and note taking capability, it turns out I just don't use. And to be honest, it's probably got more horsepower than I truly need.

I'm lookingto get rid of my Note 2 and get another smartphone, probably a Galaxy S3. Since I upgraded in March, my phone line is not eligible for it's next upgrade until March of 2015.

My wife has a Galaxy S3, which she's happy with and doesn't want to change. But her phone line is eligible for an upgrade now. (The Verizon website says that she can upgrade today to an S3 for $100.)

We are both on a shared 4GB data plan that is working fine for us so there's no issue with having to change/upgrade the plan, it's strictly a hardware issue.

Question: can I use her upgrade on her line to get a new phone for me?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes. You can do it yourself from their site or have Verizon do it over the phone, live chat or in a store.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If you are going to get the GS3 you might look into the GS4. You have a better chance of getting the updates as they come out.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
S4 one and moto x can all be had for 140 with the code verizon30 until sept 30th

XT1060. Through spacetime.