Does asurion insurance follow the phone or the line?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What I am wondering is if I have insurance on phone 1,line 1,and I switched phones with line 2,so that phone 2 is on line 1 and phone 1 is on line 2,would the insurance cover the active phone 2 on line 1? Or would the insurance cover phone 1 on line 2?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
So basically it covers whatever device is currently active on the line, correct?

Great question dpham00! You are correct. The insurance covers the device that is active on the line at the time of peril. In your scenario, you would need to have coverage on both lines in order for both devices to be covered. Do you need assistance with a current claim? We are here to help!

Asurion Social Media Team
@AsurionCares

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Great question dpham00! You are correct. The insurance covers the device that is active on the line at the time of peril. In your scenario, you would need to have coverage on both lines in order for both devices to be covered. Do you need assistance with a current claim? We are here to help!

@AsurionCares

Thanks, I don't have it yet, I was looking at my options, and wanted to know the requirements. I did find this, which is what everyone was saying.

" a. The wireless device owned by you for which: 1) the unique identification number or Mobile Equipment ID (MEI D) of such wireless device is reflected in the records of the Wireless Service Provider at the time your coverage initially became effective; and 2) for which airtime outgoing usage has been logged with the Wireless Service Provider on your account after coverage became effective; unless you have logged outgoing airtime on a different wireless phone immediately prior to the time of loss, in which case such wireless device becomes the covered property so long as: i) such wireless device is owned by you and you provide us proof of ownership and ii) airtime usage was logged on such device on your account with the Wireless Service Provider immediately prior to the time of loss"

https://totalmobileprotection.verizonwireless.com/public/terms-and-conditions

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
dpham00:

It sounds like you are on the right path. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thanks!

@AsurionCares

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
dpham, if this helps, I have insurance on (TEC) line 1 and extended warranty on line 2. I can tell you with absolute certainty that insurance or extended warranty is based on the line, and not the phone. I know a guy who bought a phone from Craigslist, put the phone on his line with extended warranty, and then had that phone replaced (it wasn't immediate...the CL phone was good for awhile, but Droid Charges blow.) But insurance/ew has to already be on the line before one does that.