LG Dare to Fascinate Contacts list

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My wife is going to get the Fascinate friday and wanted to know what is going to be the easiest way to transfer all her contacts to her new phone. Has anyone recently went thru this and can give us thier insight to the best method. She currently has an LG Dare. Thanks

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I think I may have answered my own question. I thought I would post a link in case someone else had the same question. It looks like the Verizon back up assistant is going to be the easiest way.

Verizon link

Theodosius

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has an in-store transfer cable to transfer all your contacts. It's free when you upgrade. I can confirm it works, I just used it on Saturday. It's simple, you don't have to do anything extra.

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Last time i was in Verizon they told us they don't do that anymore. I told the manager that was one of the reasons we use Verizon because of they would go the extra mile for the customer. Kind of pissed me off. The rep took my wife's phone and did it anyways. Wasn't sure if that option was available for android phones. She has 285 contacts on her phone and i know i am not going to put them on manually.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Backup assistant is your easiest bet. This used to cost money, but Verizon waived all fees associated with it. I believe this is what they would call "going the extra mile" because it doesn't require a working previous phone to work, and it's something they used to get Data and monthly charges from.

Some stores still do contact transfers, though most that do will charge for it. The reason behind this is because contact transfers, specifically if the phone is a bit worse for wear, can take quite a bit of a reps time, and if you want pictures transfered, it can literally take over an hour until everything is done (and most stores only have 1-2 machines because they are insanely expensive to purchase and maintain). The problem (especially for retailers) is that customers are increasingly coming to the store only when they have issues with devices they bought online, and stores can't afford to keep their doors open on customer service alone.

Newer verizon android phones ship with Backup assistant. But even if you get a phone that doesn't have it, you can still go online and export your contacts into a format google should be able to read and put on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12