Verizon admits it can't handle LTE demand in major cities

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd share my experience. I was near a Verizon Wireless store and could see the tower in Fargo.

I went inside to discuss my results and they told me that they are tired of it to because they have trouble activating new phones.

My town is 130,000 or so people and this has been going on for about 6 months or so.

Before, I had wonderful service and when you go to the next town over it's great again. I get 10mg or better.

Go Fargo North Dakota!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 3 - Tapatalk

Something is wrong there. Call Verizon customer service to discuss.

You can also try to use "Android signal status" app from the play store. It should give you the signal strength. This was taken near a lte tower. The tower you are at might have been a voice tower only

ubyba4u3.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Something is wrong there. Call Verizon customer service to discuss.

I did and they agree. They told me that my region is the fifth busiest in the nation. They said that they are putting a temporary truck with a tower until they can build a new tower.

They mentioned that it is coming by the end of the year.

If not I'm going to become a thorn in their side. I'll pay regular visits to the store. I don't want a credit or anything besides service that I pay for.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I did and they agree. They told me that my region is the fifth busiest in the nation. They said that they are putting a temporary truck with a tower until they can build a new tower.

They mentioned that it is coming by the end of the year.

If not I'm going to become a thorn in their side. I'll pay regular visits to the store. I don't want a credit or anything besides service that I pay for.

I didn't realize Fargo war that crowded. Yeah, it could be overloaded tower. Hopefully they will fix it. Otherwise I might suggest that you force the phone into 3g mode. You may get faster speeds

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize Fargo war that crowded. Yeah, it could be overloaded tower. Hopefully they will fix it. Otherwise I might suggest that you force the phone into 3g mode. You may get faster speeds

Yeah I have to just stay on wifi all the time. What I'm really tired of for now is how it kills my battery. Even my GPS struggles. It spends 10 minutes searching when I'm in this region. I can only conclude that it's the local network.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Fargo and North Dakota in general have had the highest growth in their economy in the country for the last 3 or so years.

I think the Verizon issue in Fargo is a result.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386626607717.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386626607717.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 38

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ouch :eek:.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

At my work, speeds are bad. But other carriers have congestion issues too, plus other carriers have connectivity issues, despite being in a very densely populated area

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57614938-94/verizon-ceo-our-ny-wireless-problems-are-nearly-fixed/

They fixed it now.. According to the CEO.

No fix here. I just got a new phone and watched them have issue's getting new phones to activate because of the crappy speeds.

ve2equha.jpg

This image was December 9 only blocks away from the corporate store.

I'm getting sick of it. They did say though that they are working on it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
No fix here. I just got a new phone and watched them have issue's getting new phones to activate because of the crappy speeds.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/ve2equha.jpg

This image was December 9 only blocks away from the corporate store.

I'm getting sick of it. They did say though that they are working on it.

I never had LTE speeds that low even when I was on vzw those are bad bro. My lowest LTE speeds was 15 mb.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Man Bontjes that is extremely painful. That was pretty much as bad as my 3g speeds when I was on Sprint :eek:.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Got the update for my note 3 which enabled advanced wireless services and speeds increased a lot at work, even faster speeds than my Thunderbolt and back then it was the only 4GLTE smartphone on Verizon.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386786908111.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386786908111.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386786922515.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386786922515.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 23

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The last couple months I've been seeing some slower than normal speeds (in the single digits) around central Alabama (Birmingham). But in the last week they're back up, now averaging around 20 down 15 up, often higher. Yesterday saw some peak speeds back up to around 50 down. Overall it's noticeable in using the phone itself or as a hotspot (via Foxfi). :D

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You all have it so nice!

Where you are doesn't have band 4 activated?

The note 3 with the latest update is band 4 capable and I saw substantial increase in speed at my work were speeds were slow, though no where near as bad as your situation

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Here in NYC area, im in long island city right now outside of midtown, speeds are horrid. Over the last year they have been just terrible. AT&T and Verizon have done a role reversal here. 3 years ago you could barley load a web page on ATT now its like that often with verizon. I have an Iphone 5S and a Moto X on verizon so both support AWS. The AWS Coverage is spotty as i used an S4 to attach myself to some of the AWS towers and got decent speeds in the 25-30 range. Point is I just want my phone to work like it should and I'm tired of hearing upgrades are coming and my service being so random (some days i get 5-6mb/s which is good enough for web browsing etc), Other days I get useless speeds and it is hurting my daily work flow. Issue is I have 4 lines under contract and not ready to spend $1000 on early term fees to switch and lose my unlimited data just yet... but I am getting close. BbXzkrzIgAAdS21.jpg

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Here in NYC area, im in long island city right now outside of midtown, speeds are horrid. Over the last year they have been just terrible. AT&T and Verizon have done a role reversal here. 3 years ago you could barley load a web page on ATT now its like that often with verizon. I have an Iphone 5S and a Moto X on verizon so both support AWS. The AWS Coverage is spotty as i used an S4 to attach myself to some of the AWS towers and got decent speeds in the 25-30 range. Point is I just want my phone to work like it should and I'm tired of hearing upgrades are coming and my service being so random (some days i get 5-6mb/s which is good enough for web browsing etc), Other days I get useless speeds and it is hurting my daily work flow. Issue is I have 4 lines under contract and not ready to spend $1000 on early term fees to switch and lose my unlimited data just yet... but I am getting close. View attachment 96734

That's what I'm getting in Fargo ND! Have been for months now.