I've been with Verizon for a little over two years and I've always been off-contract with a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

About a week or so ago I received an email from Verizon touting that I was eligible for an upgrade and I clicked the link and checked out the deals. The deals were nothing special and I wasn't willing to go on contract and lose my unlimited data.

About a week after the first email I received another email from Verizon asking if I'd take a brief survey. (The email was from the survey vendor and it ended up in my "junk" file - that's the main reason I created this thread so other Verizon customers might keep an eye out for the survey if they want to convey their thoughts.)

The survey only took about five minutes to complete and asked questions why I didn't choose to upgrade my device. I was happy to see that one of the options was "I didn't want to lose unlimited data." The survey also asked whether I knew about Shared Data and their Edge program and whether either program increase the likelihood that I would upgrade.

The final portion of the survey asked that I rate my satisfaction with Verizon on a scale of 1 - 10 and then a follow up question asking if I'd recommend Verizon to a friend using the same scale.

I just wanted to share my experience - hopefully someone at Verizon actually reads the survey results.
    11-16-2013 12:19 PM
    I'll be looking out for this because like you I won't upgrade and lose unlimited data. Those Share Everything and Edge plans are a rip off for most including myself who wants new phones constantly.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
    11-17-2013 11:06 PM
    Last week I purchased my note 4 outright and today I got the survey email. Probably not going to take it unless they give be something. I wasn't enthused that purchasing a phone didn't apply towards their new rewards program.
    01-13-2015 11:47 PM
    Interesting -- they're probably trying to "educate" people to get them off of unlimited.
    01-15-2015 09:48 AM
    Why would anyone pay full retail when the best buy method still works to my recollections
    01-17-2015 07:06 PM