Comcast is offering a $200 Visa Prepaid card when buying a Verizon phone or tablet

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
looks like they renewed the deal until the 21st!

However, every time I call that number, the phone reps seem very confused that I did not have to put my comcast account number in anywhere. I told them I did not go for the comcast credit, rather the visa prepaid card. They insist if there is not a code associated with my comcast account, I will not receive the VISA prepaid card.

I will in all likelihood return the phone if I do not receive the prepaid card within 30 days as promised by the confirmation screen I received.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
looks like they renewed the deal until the 21st!

However, every time I call that number, the phone reps seem very confused that I did not have to put my comcast account number in anywhere. I told them I did not go for the comcast credit, rather the visa prepaid card. They insist if there is not a code associated with my comcast account, I will not receive the VISA prepaid card.

I will in all likelihood return the phone if I do not receive the prepaid card within 30 days as promised by the confirmation screen I received.

That's good to know. A coworker is looking for a Note 3 but isn't eligible for an upgrade until later in the summer. I may just go ahead and use my mom's upgrade (again) for one, get the $200 GC, and then sell the Note 3 to them...

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That's good to know. A coworker is looking for a Note 3 but isn't eligible for an upgrade until later in the summer. I may just go ahead and use my mom's upgrade (again) for one, get the $200 GC, and then sell the Note 3 to them...
I take it your mom's line isn't an unlimited data line, correct?

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I take it your mom's line isn't an unlimited data line, correct?
Right - just a normal line. I'm on Share Everything with... 6 lines? 2GB is good enough for us haha.

Although, the other day when I was looking at my account, when it first pulled up, it said I had Unlimited Data. But then I refreshed and it went back to 2GB =[

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The number to call to confirm if you are in the system for the GC is 1-888-710-4175. I was given 3 other numbers before I was finally given that one and the rep confirmed I would be getting the GC. I ordered online. I knew the phone reps were full of sheet when they said you had to order by phone. They obviously got some sort of commission and that is why they lied. I could tell by the reps voice she was lying.

Anyhow, I was told it takes 8-10 weeks for them to send the GC. We should expect our GCs no earlier than the first week in February.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Got my card last week only for $100. Called 1-866-347-2229. Was on hold for 30 mins. They say that they only full feel the requests that come in from verizon and they gave me the number to call (toll free):(804)663-7108. Just called them, zero wait time. Person on the phone said that they will send additional $100 card. Should receive in 7-10 business days. Will see how that goes...

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Placed my order on 12/1, but still no card. Called 1-888-710-4175, was asked to call 1-866-347-2229, then also was on hold like forever. They said that Verizon had sent them no information, then asked me all sorts of info, and said that the card should arrive in 14 days. We'll see.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the deal is back again.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

SmithlandCart

Banned
Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the deal is back again.

That's great but how many people actually received these cards?

- - - Updated - - -

Got my card last week only for $100. Called 1-866-347-2229. Was on hold for 30 mins. They say that they only full feel the requests that come in from verizon and they gave me the number to call (toll free):(804)663-7108. Just called them, zero wait time. Person on the phone said that they will send additional $100 card. Should receive in 7-10 business days. Will see how that goes...
Did you ever get the other $100 card?

- - - Updated - - -

Placed my order on 12/1, but still no card. Called 1-888-710-4175, was asked to call 1-866-347-2229, then also was on hold like forever. They said that Verizon had sent them no information, then asked me all sorts of info, and said that the card should arrive in 14 days. We'll see.
Did you ever get your card?

SmithlandCart

Banned
Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I see some people saying they can check their status online. How do you do that?

ETA - I found it here:

Status

Says they need more info and to call them.

- - - Updated - - -

The number to call to confirm if you are in the system for the GC is 1-888-710-4175. I was given 3 other numbers before I was finally given that one and the rep confirmed I would be getting the GC. I ordered online. I knew the phone reps were full of sheet when they said you had to order by phone. They obviously got some sort of commission and that is why they lied. I could tell by the reps voice she was lying.

Anyhow, I was told it takes 8-10 weeks for them to send the GC. We should expect our GCs no earlier than the first week in February.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Still no card. Called Comcast again. This time, an operator just asked for the Verizon phone number and said that a manager would call back in 24 hours.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it will be squared away soon

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Another update. Since nobody had called me back since March 13 (they assured me that a supervisor would call mein 24 hours), I called Comcast today. Again, I was told that nothing had come from Verizon that would've allowed them to process the credit card. I called Verizon, spoke with a rep, and was told that Comcast, in their request, didn't give the phone number that Verizon could verify. The rep said that Comcast now sent them a fax, and now it could take a week or two for Verizon to respond. BTW, a rep at what I thought was Comcast, told me that they're not Comcast, but a Rebate Center at Tristar Fulfillment. At the end, I was given another number, (800) 457-0864, to call if I don't hear from somebody in a couple of weeks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member