Comcast is offering a $200 Visa Prepaid card when buying a Verizon phone or tablet

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Saw this on SD, and called in to order another Note 3 for $200. The csr confirmed that you do not have to be a Comcast subscriber to qualify. The $200 Visa prepaid card will be sent within 4-6 weeks. It is applicable for any phone or tablet You can either call 888-972-6131 or buy online. Note if you buy online, by default, it shows "Showcase devices" make sure to select "All Devices" in the upper left if you are ordering non-Showcase devices like the Note 3, S4, etc. Deal is good until Dec 6.

Verizon Wireless with XFINITY® Triple Play from Comcast

From SD:

Free iPhone 5S (and many others) from Verizon via Comcast/Xfinity 11-30-2013 - Slickdeals.net

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What about the secondary EFT at Comcast?

Posted via Android Central App

It is processed and fulfilled by Verizon. No secondary etf. I confirmed this with the csr. My receipt came directly from Verizon

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On hold w/ Comcast. I take it the VISA card is only through Comcast.

You would have to order through either the link or phone number in the op to get the $200 visa prepaid card.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE NOTE: A very sweet Comcast lady cautioned that in order to receive a $200 VISA card, the upgrade has to be processed with them by phone and NOT online through the Verizon website.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The Comcast link forwards to the Verizon website for processing, and I went through about 3/4 of the process. Before I finished, the Comcast csr came on the phone line and told me not to complete the order through VZW. She did confirm twice that there's no secondary ETF.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What is a secondary ETF?

Certain third party retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Newegg, dell, Staples, Sam's Club, Radio Shack, etc charge an $400 fee in addition to the Verizon $350 etf if you cancel or make certain changes to your account within 181 days

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Certain third party retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Newegg, dell, Staples, Sam's Club, Radio Shack, etc charge an $400 fee in addition to the Verizon $350 etf if you cancel or make certain changes to your account within 181 days
But not Best Buy or Costco, correct?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can Comcast transfer an upgrade from my unlimited data line to my dummy line?

I couldn't find a way to do so online through Comcast. I didn't ask when I called in, doesn't hurt to ask but most likely they won't do it.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find a way to do so online through Comcast. I didn't ask when I called in, doesn't hurt to ask but most likely they won't do it.
Will do. Did you upgrade using a tiered data line's upgrade?

And is the price $199 for the GNote 3 as it is on Verizon's site right now?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
online it let me do the upgrade transfer. The site I logged into is verizon, but it looks very different from my usual verizon site. And I could tell from the URL that it was logged as me having clicked thru from comcast.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Called Comcast, phone rep (Erica) was insistent that you cannot get the $200 prepaid gc without ordering thru the phone. She refused to transfer the upgrade from my unlimited line even though she could do it. She tried to talk me out of unlimited. I explained to her why I wasn't going to do that.

Anyhow, I think she is bluffing about the $200 gc not being available unless you order by phone since the website clearly says order by phone or online. I read the SD thread, you get a confirmation of a $200 gc after you order online. They would open themselves to lawsuits if they don't honor that.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Called Comcast, phone rep (Erica) was insistent that you cannot get the $200 prepaid gc without ordering thru the phone. She refused to transfer the upgrade from my unlimited line even though she could do it. She tried to talk me out of unlimited. I explained to her why I wasn't going to do that.

Anyhow, I think she is bluffing about the $200 gc not being available unless you order by phone since the website clearly says order by phone or online. I read the SD thread, you get a confirmation of a $200 gc after you order online. They would open themselves to lawsuits if they don't honor that.

The link in the first post was clearly from Comcast, and said that you can order online or over the phone. I would think that they would have to honor online orders so long as you used the Comcast link.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Will do. Did you upgrade using a tiered data line's upgrade?

And is the price $199 for the GNote 3 as it is on Verizon's site right now?

I used my $20 data plan line to upgrade. Best Buy didn't let me keep the plan when I upgraded last time, so glad that I could use the upgrade here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae