Happy Holidays from Verizon ?

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
So here's my exciting story!

iPhone 5s was released and I went to a local best buy because they had one in stock. I asked to buy it outright to keep my unlimited. Service rep said "No, were not selling them outright because its brand new / just released" Best Buy had a promo where you can turn in any old phone and get $100 off the purchase of a 5s. So I decided right then I would bite the bullet and Open a new line and do the early term fee. So I purchased the phone for $110ish after taxes. The following day I went in person to the verizon store and asked to do ETF. I mentioned "I get service fee credit because its within the 3 day period?" They said "yep!" So a month later I'm wondering why I haven't paid the ETF yet. I go into Verizon and tell them I'm not trying to get screwed some way and I think I need to pay the ETF so they look up my account and they say it's already been credited and I dont have to pay anything extra.. I'm thinking "uh.. ok" so I say to the rep "Yea Yea, I talked to a rep about that and just wanted to make sure it was taken care of" , The VRep says "Everything looks good here! You were credited for everything." So it's a wonderful day. I bought the 5s outright for $110 and kept my unlimited :cool:

add.jpg

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Keep an eye on it though because there's a possibility it will show up next month. If you came out ahead than that's great!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea I agree. Keep an eye out cuz they got accountants who can find these kind of mistakes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Keep an eye on it though because there's a possibility it will show up next month. If you came out ahead than that's great!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

This. I don't trust reps when it comes to spooky things... Like a company paying your ETF for you..

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It's like u get a replacement phone but then you get 2 in the mail thinking Verizon doesn't know you have an extra one. You end up getting a text or phone call to pls return the defective device within 15 days

Sent from my dlx using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781