Verizon: Contract expiration deals?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering what you folks have experienced when you let your VZW contact expire? Will VZW contact you and offer you anything in the way of a deal to renew? If so what's the average time frame before you can expect to hear from them and what deals are they likely to offer or have they offered you?

Thanks,
Deb

Last edited by a moderator:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Contract expiration deals?

I was out of contract for over two years and got nothing when I re-upped. Call and ask for retentions dept. Maybe they'll throw ya a bone.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

What's the retention dept? Shouldn't I wait to see if they contact me? You know, let them beg a little or don't they do this? Sounds like you just decided to renew on your own?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

No offers here either after contract ended

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Dang, rep at our local "premium" retailer said no longer than a month and they'd be on it to get us back. But this is one of those stores we look but don't buy from. Very small and they don't keep anything in stock they order what you want and I can do that on my own and get better prices.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Just wondering what you folks have experienced when you let your VZW contact expire? Will VZW contact you and offer you anything in the way of a deal to renew? If so what's the average time frame before you can expect to hear from them and what deals are they likely to offer or have they offered you?

I told them I was planning on leaving, so they offered me a loyalty plan with a pretty decent discount.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

They're not going to come begging to you. You can try calling retentions at 611, just ask for them or so I hear, I have not gone this route before. As mentioned above if you threaten to leave, make it sound convincing, they might throw you a bone. But the ball is in your court and you need to take the initiative. Might have a better bargaining chip if you have more than one line involved.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Have 2 but ones a dumb phone and that's not going to change.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

They're not going to come begging to you. You can try calling retentions at 611, just ask for them or so I hear, I have not gone this route before. As mentioned above if you threaten to leave, make it sound convincing, they might throw you a bone. But the ball is in your court and you need to take the initiative.

Most certainly they are not going to contact her with any deals to stay. I was seriously looking to leave and had established a history of calling and inquiring as to my ETF, which was already low (around $150). I was offered the loyalty plan after having called when my 20-month upgrade date arrived and I had told them there weren't any phones I was interested in getting.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Like I thought the store clerk was wrong. Thanks everyone!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I've been out of contract since November with no offers. I even had a long list of issues and they told me I could walk if needed. Lol

I tried to make a decent deal in the end on a Note 3 but had no luck. I figured given my expired contract, my willingness to drop unlimited data if needed and all my issues I'd get somewhere. They told me to walk if I won't pay $300 for a new phone and lose data or pay retail.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I tried to make a decent deal in the end on a Note 3 but had no luck. I figured given my expired contract, my willingness to drop unlimited data if needed and all my issues I'd get somewhere. They told me to walk if I won't pay $300 for a new phone and lose data or pay retail.

How long had you been with them when your contract expired?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

my understanding from your other thread was that you were not willing to drop your UDP.

I offered it up front. But when they were treating me the way they were I decided against it. If I was going to be forced to pay more than half for a new phone I wasn't going to cave in. Especially since I wasn't 100% positive a new phone would solve my issue at the time of making that offer. Then what? I can't be on WiFi, I paid for a new phone and I'm on limited data?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I don't have unlimited.

They're not only offering the loyalty plan to customers with unlimited data plans. Anyone who says so is simply wrong. There are customers who have gotten the same loyalty plan I have who were paying more for tiered data. You can read about it here: 2GB of data + Unlimited Talk and Text for $60 a month @ Verizon (1yr contract required) for New and Current Customers 10-02-2013 - Page 2 - Slickdeals.net

Anyway, if you want to try to get the loyalty plan, it's certainly worth trying. You may have to call a few different times and speak to different people. Most of all, they're not going to chase after you or work very hard to get you to stay with Verizon once your contract is up. Remember: once you've fulfilled your contract or are eligible for upgrade, you're not paying a subsidy anymore, so Verizon has made their money off you. If you're really interested in getting a deal, I'd try to work that out before your contract ends.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey