Verizon offering a minimum $100gc for smartphone trade in

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I would see if they will apply the VERIZON30, TECHBAR or VZWDEAL over the phone along with signing you up for the gift card promo. Some have had success with that but the codes may have expired. The first code gets you 30% off and the second two $50 off.

That would be through Verizon, correct?

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your help Cozume. I just ordered my Note 3 through BestBuy. I figure that extra $$$ is worth it if I get to keep my unlimited. I'm hoping I have no issues once it gets here and I have to activate it. :)

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I get it now....the promotional code you get when buying a new phone has to be inputed on that trade in site for the gift card. And the trade in phones seem to just be iphones

The online trade-in Verizon page appraised my Galaxy Nexus at $17. Does this mean that is the gift card value? That is garbage if so.

Last edited:

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone do this deal? If so did you get your $100 code immediately? I added a new line last week and have not received a code yet. I just read something today that implies the line has to be active for 30 days with data before the $100 trade-in code is issued. So I'm not sure if I have to wait or if I should have received it already.

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone do this deal? If so did you get your $100 code immediately? I added a new line last week and have not received a code yet. I just read something today that implies the line has to be active for 30 days with data before the $100 trade-in code is issued. So I'm not sure if I have to wait or if I should have received it already.

I'll answer my own question for anyone else that would like to know. :) Two days after posting this I received a text on the new phone number giving me a code and website to use for my $100 gift card.

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try and add a new line and buy a subsidized Note 3 for that new line tomorrow. Is this deal still good? I've got a razr maxx I'd like to trade in that's in great condition.

seeker1321

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to share my experience with this deal. We got two new phones a Note 3 and a Droid Maxx, after about a week I still hadn't received an email or a text like someone mentioned above. I wanted 20 mins on hold, to talk to a sales rep. she didn't have a clue, so I hung up. I called back a few hours later, waited another 20 mins on hold, talked to a rep. who actually knew about the promotion. He told me I could just go into a local Verizon Corp. store and they would give me the gift cards.

So I took a printout of screen shot from the website, with my two old phones, a Fascinate (Galaxy S), and a Droid Razr Maxx. ( The Fascinate has been in a drawer for two years, where I forgot to sell it when I got the Razr Maxx, but it charged up fine). The clerk at the store, had to ask his manager about the promo, but they took both phones, powered them on to make sure they worked, and then he printed me two $100 gift cards. I went back to work and applied them both to my bill for the next month.

Someone above mentioned the VZWDEAL coupon, when I bought my phones in mid-February, I used this coupon on my Droid Maxx and got the $50 off.