Problems Switching Between VZW Phones (Activation)

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Quick activation question.

I recently bought a used HTC Droid Incredible to go along with my Droid X (purchased on release date) and for some reason when I activate my Incredible, it goes smoothly with no problems but when I try to go back and activate my Droid X to use that one instead, it is unsuccessful (with *228-1 and online).

I have to speak with a representative each time to get it taken care of. The one I spoke to this morning, I specifically asked this same question and she said that there shouldn't be any problems with it and suggested taking the battery out of my Incredible to make sure that it's turned off (even though I know for a fact that it was turned off).

This also happened when I was going to sell my OG Droid. I activated it just fine (just to make sure that it would still activate) but when I went back to activate my Droid X, I had this same problem.

Anyone else have any activation problems with two VZW phones under the same phone number?

Thanks.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This can happen if you have insurance or features that may drop (ie Hotspot, Mobile Broadband Connect) and the automated system kicks it back right away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown