Cost of Dropping Insurance vs. Getting a Spare Moto X

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you're right. And I'm sorry, I'm afraid I misspoke before--there is in fact a $75 deductible for SquareTrade. Which I think is still a little less than Asurion for smartphones, but not inconsequential. But about $5/month is still worthwhile for me.

Verizon asurion deductible is $99 for android . Up to $199 for iphone. Keep in mind other carriers can be different in terms of coverage and pricing, my friend on tmobile said they wanted $150 deductible for claims.

I think it depends, I have 5 lines of service and have had service since the 90s,and not a single phone damaged. On the other hand I have used extended warranty several times.

I only recently got insurance because of my daughter who likes to throw phones around.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Verizon asurion deductible is $99 for android . Up to $199 for iphone. Keep in mind other carriers can be different in terms of coverage and pricing, my friend on tmobile said they wanted $150 deductible for claims.

I think it depends, I have 5 lines of service and have had service since the 90s,and not a single phone damaged. On the other hand I have used extended warranty several times.

I only recently got insurance because of my daughter who likes to throw phones around.

I have had insurance since I have been on Verizon since 2011 and I replaced my RAZR M 2 times last year alone. I always though insurance was worthwhile. If you are out a phone asurion will replace. I didn't even pay those two times I replaced it!

Posted via Android Central App

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
If you are out a phone asurion will replace. I didn't even pay those two times I replaced it!
The problem I have with insuring my 32GB Dev Ed Moto X through Asurionh is that I will not get one as a replacement. I will get a 16GB non-Dev Ed as a replacement.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem I have with insuring my 32GB Dev Ed Moto X through Asurionh is that I will not get one as a replacement. I will get a 16GB non-Dev Ed as a replacement.

If you must have the de, then no point in getting insurance thru asurion.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I could live without the Dev Ed, but the 32GB to 16GB downgrade is not fair at all.

Well, you would be left with only whatever versions that the carrier officially sells.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams