Need help to understand family share upgrade and keep unlimited data

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you in advance.

I have a family share plan with unlimited data. 700 minutes shared talk. Two phones on the plan now. Both eligible for upgrade. Also waiting to see what new phones coming up.

Phone A: Basic phone, unlimited text. No data

Phone B: Smart phone, data, unlimited text.

Current bill about $140.00/month.

Also would appreciate any bill change ideas to lower cost if possible.

Will be buying a new smartphone (just watching for upcoming offers).

Keep basic phone as that all is needed on that line.

What is the best way for me to make this upgrade without losing unlimited data?

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Thank you for your help!

brian7751

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
they have a loyalty plan for $60.00 per line unlimited talk unlimited text and 2gb of data each thats what me and my father are on you can see from previous balance my father went over data twice thats why we got charged $20 more but verizon gave us a credit because it was an accident from google+ being left on
Screenshot_2014-01-16-17-02-02.pngScreenshot_2014-01-16-17-18-22.png

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you need Unlimited data then you have to stay on the family share plan or the old individual plan. But I would recommend just keeping the family share plan. If you can live with 550 minutes, you can ask Verizon to move you to the loyalty plan.

Otherwise, your situation is pretty straight forward. Just upgrade the basic line and activate on that line first. Then once done with that, go online to my Verizon and transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line and activate the phone on the basic line first. Then you can move the phone to your unlimited line or sell it If you want.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
This thread is about buying a subsidized phone from Best Buy online if you have an individual account with an UDP. It is a new method whereby you use an old SIM card to activate the new device after buying from Best Buy online and not changing your plan.

This is the thread about family share plans and transferring upgrades to basic lines to preserve UDPs.

I wouldn't bother with this thread as you can get the same information by reading the first thread mentioned above in a more succint thread.