Verizon: Grandfathered unlimited customer here....

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I think it happens from engaging with VZW employees directly, particularly in store employees. When I upgraded from my HTC Thunderbolt to my current Note 2, I had to get a new micro sim for my unlimited data line. The employees at the local store were threatening my unlimited data and said they couldn't give me the sim without me losing it. I firmly told them they were wrong, to stop everything they were doing, and that I was calling corporate to complain about this store. Before I could even get through the phone menu system after dialing, the manager came over and said it was a mistake and they were going to give me the sim card and not mess with my unlimited.

They didn't say anything about my data plan when I asked for the sim. It was only after I told them not to mess with my data plan that they started to outright lie to me. I'm sure if I had not said anything they would have swapped me to a tiered data plan without saying a word.

TL;DR. Never trust a VZW employee when it comes to your unlimited data plan. I swear they must give bonuses to employees who manage to kick users off of unlimited data.

I've seen it happen to a coworker just out of the blue. Good thing she noticed it and called to complain. They traced it to some Verizon store she had never been to before. Took hours of complaining and transfers to different departments to restore it. I agree there must be some big commission involved as it is the only time I see employees be so deceitful and bold face lie to you.

pittguy6789

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Here's my current dilemma.

Line1 - iPhone 5s, Unlimited data plan, upgrade available
Line2 - iPhone 4s, 2GB line, no upgrade available.

Line2 wants iPhone 6. If I transfer upgrade from Line 1 to Line 2 and upgrade Line2, will Line 1 lose unlimited data???

Is there a way around this? I don't want an iPhone with the unlimited data plan line. I just want to transfer the upgrade without losing unlimited data on line 1.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Line2 wants iPhone 6. If I transfer upgrade from Line 1 to Line 2 and upgrade Line2, will Line 1 lose unlimited data???

Is there a way around this? I don't want an iPhone with the unlimited data plan line. I just want to transfer the upgrade without losing unlimited data on line 1.
You can do what Scyzek did. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3873098

pittguy6789

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I see how that works, BUT----Scyzek put the phone he just ordered on his UDP line. I don't want to do that. I want to activate the new phone (iPhone 6) on the 2GB line, without messing with the UDP on Line 1. I have no intention on moving the iPhone 6 to the UDP line. I want it on the 2GB line, but the UDP line is the line eligible for upgrade. And the 2GB line does not have a sim card its an iPhone 4s.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Yes you can do that, it won't effect your Line1 unlimited data. Only thing that will happen is that you will be extending your contract on Line1 by two years which actually might be a good thing because Verizon has stated they will not be throttling UDP lines that are on contract. Also you will be required to keep the tiered data plan on Line2 for 2 years. This second thing is what they changed recently as before on your Line2 after upgrading you could have put a feature phone on Line2, drop the data and pay only $10/mo. Now they require you to keep a data plan on there so you'd be paying 10+30=$40/mo minimum. But this wouldn't apply in your situation because you plan to keep the iPhone 6 on Line2.

pittguy6789

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can do that, it won't effect your Line1 unlimited data. Only thing that will happen is that you will be extending your contract on Line1 by two years which actually might be a good thing because Verizon has stated they will not be throttling UDP lines that are on contract. Also you will be required to keep the tiered data plan on Line2 for 2 years. This second thing is what they changed recently as before on your Line2 after upgrading you could have put a feature phone on Line2, drop the data and pay only $10/mo. Now they require you to keep a data plan on there so you'd be paying 10+30=$40/mo minimum. But this wouldn't apply in your situation because you plan to keep the iPhone 6 on Line2.

ok, thank you! some people are telling me that by transferring from UDP to TDP, the UDP line will lose its UDP. but others are telling me what you just told me. so when the new iPhone 6 comes, its safe to activate it on the TDP line with the sim card that it ships with? I will be keeping the iPhone 6 on the TDP line. I will not be moving it to the UDP. I just want to use the UDP's line upgrade to get the TDP the iPhone 6, without losing the UDP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes