Thoughts on Verizon's "More Everything" Plan

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what everyone thinks of VZW's new plan "More of Everything" ??? I know they are trying to compete with everything other carrier's are putting out there. I know several people who have recently switched to Tmobile for pretty good deals.......who I have never been a fan of for lack of consistent service (just my opinion)

I myself have been with VZW for about 12 years and I still have 2 lines that have unlimited data and 2 dumb lines. I am from from being a 'big' data user, but nice to know I don't have to worry about it. So I am not thinking of changing my plans, but I have many friends who are wondering what is the best thing to do......VZW is just so expensive!

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have heard of that, but I am not interested in doing that.
you could switch your UDP numbers to the dumbphone lines and then get new numbers for the UDP lines and sell them. Then convert the dumbphone lines to More Everything plans and keep the phone numbers.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Why would I want to do that? I definitely want to keep my unlimited lines. It makes no sense to give up unlimited to go to the "More Everything"

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
ITA but you were the one asking about going to More Everything.
Thank you for your response, but If you go back and read my post, you will clearly see that I said, "I was just curious what everyone thought of the new plan." and towards the end of the post, I clearly said that I was Not going to change my plans, but I have a lot of friends wondering what they should do!

Margie

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response, but If you go back and read my post, you will clearly see that I said, "I was just curious what everyone thought of the new plan." and towards the end of the post, I clearly said that I was Not going to change my plans, but I have a lot of friends wondering what they should do!

Marg
Ok but no one can tell your "friends" what to do unless you post what plans they have.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok but no one can tell your "friends" what to do unless you post what plans they have.

Actually we need to know what the friends need. For example if the friend has unlimited minutes and 50gb data but doesn't really need minutes, then it may be advised for that friend to assume liability of an unlimited data line.

Also it isn't clear which plan the op is on. The op mentions that they have been with Verizon for 12 Years so for all we know it could be an ancient digital choice plan with unlimited 2g data on an ancient device.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Something seems a little off with this thread. I think OP is a VZW plant trying to size up the response to the new plants.

We are waiting for the "friends" to check in.

We need:

Coverage of the various providers in your area.

What plan and provider they are on now.

What their typcial monthly usage is for minutes and GB data.

Thx OP

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain as I am in the same situation.

Verizon is expensive, but the service is so great. I can travel all over and almost always have signal. Speaking with Tmobile users the general idea I get is that once they leave a city or town they are out of service. To people living in huge urban sprawl areas, this isn't a big deal, but I live in the deep south (Georgia), so when I travel anywhere I am going to be in between towns/cities a lot.

Currently I'm torn between buying a Verizon compatible device on the secondhand market, or just re-upping with Verizon. Loosing unlimited data is going to happen eventually, I know, but right now even though my bill is high it is the same every month. With two lines, my wife and I don't often go over 5 gb of data in a month, but my fear is that I extend my contract, loose UD, and then find out that I'm using more and more data (which I think is inevitable, with apps getting larger, media being streamed in higher quality, etc.) and I have to pay for more and more data. Just look at how fast we have moved from phones that could only text, to smartphones capable of streaming HD movies straight from Netflix? I have a hard time believing that in a couple of years 5GB of data is going to seem like much at all.

Also, now just seems like a bad time to pick up a new smartphone. There are a lot of new devices that will be coming out in the next few months, and all of the current "flagship" devices are over a few months old. I'm thinking that when the S5 and some other big phones are released, I will then decide what to do. Prices on the secondary market for current phones will probably drop a bit at that point and I can make a decision as to whether I want to extend my contract and get the newest phone, or just buy a used device.

I do not want to do any of these convoluted transactions thatpeople on here suggest. Like the Best Buy thing, or adding a line thing. So waiting a bit longer is probably my best bet.

See how much more life I can get out of my Galaxy Nexus that can't get too far away from a powersource :)

Just curious what everyone thinks of VZW's new plan "More of Everything" ??? I know they are trying to compete with everything other carrier's are putting out there. I know several people who have recently switched to Tmobile for pretty good deals.......who I have never been a fan of for lack of consistent service (just my opinion)

I myself have been with VZW for about 12 years and I still have 2 lines that have unlimited data and 2 dumb lines. I am from from being a 'big' data user, but nice to know I don't have to worry about it. So I am not thinking of changing my plans, but I have many friends who are wondering what is the best thing to do......VZW is just so expensive!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So I got an email from Verizon last night telling me they're giving me an extra GB of data and a $10 credit per smart phone on edge plan. That's all fine and good, I just don't get if that is a new "plan" or if its just for 1 month or what? The email doesn't seem to specify details as pertaining to my account. Customer service actually told me a couple of weeks ago they were giving me 1 extra GB of data for a year. After the 1 year they said it would fall off. That doesn't sound like a "plan" feature then. I am glad to have the $10 credit per month but wondering if it's per month or a 1 time deal??

sent from my Note 3

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain as I am in the same situation.

Verizon is expensive, but the service is so great. I can travel all over and almost always have signal. Speaking with Tmobile users the general idea I get is that once they leave a city or town they are out of service. To people living in huge urban sprawl areas, this isn't a big deal, but I live in the deep south (Georgia), so when I travel anywhere I am going to be in between towns/cities a lot.

Currently I'm torn between buying a Verizon compatible device on the secondhand market, or just re-upping with Verizon. Loosing unlimited data is going to happen eventually, I know, but right now even though my bill is high it is the same every month. With two lines, my wife and I don't often go over 5 gb of data in a month, but my fear is that I extend my contract, loose UD, and then find out that I'm using more and more data (which I think is inevitable, with apps getting larger, media being streamed in higher quality, etc.) and I have to pay for more and more data. Just look at how fast we have moved from phones that could only text, to smartphones capable of streaming HD movies straight from Netflix? I have a hard time believing that in a couple of years 5GB of data is going to seem like much at all.

Also, now just seems like a bad time to pick up a new smartphone. There are a lot of new devices that will be coming out in the next few months, and all of the current "flagship" devices are over a few months old. I'm thinking that when the S5 and some other big phones are released, I will then decide what to do. Prices on the secondary market for current phones will probably drop a bit at that point and I can make a decision as to whether I want to extend my contract and get the newest phone, or just buy a used device.

I do not want to do any of these convoluted transactions thatpeople on here suggest. Like the Best Buy thing, or adding a line thing. So waiting a bit longer is probably my best bet.

See how much more life I can get out of my Galaxy Nexus that can't get too far away from a powersource :)

I live in Georgia too, tried T-Mobile and realized it is not a viable option unless you're a city urchin who doesn't leave.

If you're on the galaxy nexus, have you looked at the moto x? It's relatively cheap at full price and it's form factor is like a modern sleeker sexier gnex. The Droid Maxx is $400 off contract and it gives you a bit more screen and battery but with capacitative buttons.
If you start waiting for the next device, you'll always be waiting.

I'd give yourself at least one ownership cycle with a phone that isn't limited by battery to see what you're real data usage would be.

please back away from the screen

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So I got an email from Verizon last night telling me they're giving me an extra GB of data and a $10 credit per smart phone on edge plan. That's all fine and good, I just don't get if that is a new "plan" or if its just for 1 month or what? The email doesn't seem to specify details as pertaining to my account. Customer service actually told me a couple of weeks ago they were giving me 1 extra GB of data for a year. After the 1 year they said it would fall off. That doesn't sound like a "plan" feature then. I am glad to have the $10 credit per month but wondering if it's per month or a 1 time deal??

sent from my Note 3

Are you currently on a share everything plan with 1-2gb?

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I would love the Moto X, but my wife wants a better camera than it has. I'm thinking about trying to buy her an S4, or just getting her an S5 when it comes out. Those have pretty good cameras (or I should say that the S5 will probably have a good camera).

Again, tough decision. I agree that the waiting game is pointless sometimes with smartphones, as something better is always on the horizon.

I live in Georgia too, tried T-Mobile and realized it is not a viable option unless you're a city urchin who doesn't leave.

If you're on the galaxy nexus, have you looked at the moto x? It's relatively cheap at full price and it's form factor is like a modern sleeker sexier gnex. The Droid Maxx is $400 off contract and it gives you a bit more screen and battery but with capacitative buttons.
If you start waiting for the next device, you'll always be waiting.

I'd give yourself at least one ownership cycle with a phone that isn't limited by battery to see what you're real data usage would be.

please back away from the screen

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually we need to know what the friends need. For example if the friend has unlimited minutes and 50gb data but doesn't really need minutes, then it may be advised for that friend to assume liability of an unlimited data line.

Also it isn't clear which plan the op is on. The op mentions that they have been with Verizon for 12 Years so for all we know it could be an ancient digital choice plan with unlimited 2g data on an ancient device.

Actually, all 4 of my lines are on the old "Family Share" Plan.....I have 2 Note 2's Unlimited and 2 dumb phones on the 2 basic lines.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis