Can't decide between Droid Incredible and Droid X...help!

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

drache713

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, first post, sorry for being such a n00bish topic. I currently have T-Mobile but down the road soon I plan on switching to Verizon for better coverage. I currently have a Nexus One with CM6 and I LOVE it. If I switch to Verizon I have it narrowed down between the Droid Incredible and Droid X, but I can't decide between the two. Overall I know I prefer Sense to Blur, and I know the Incredible can load custom ROM's like Cyanogen but the Droid X cannot, because of the locked bootloader and such. I don't like the prospect of having to have bloatware and I want to be able to use the phone the way I want to without having to pay for tethering necessarily if I do want to use it, but at the same time just from a general hardware perspective the Droid X is undeniably one of the most impressive phones out there to date. I'm just curious to hear from you folks out there, if you had to pick between the two would you pick Droid Incredible, or Droid X?

CR4V3

Neighborhood IT Pro
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site

Unless you really need the bigger screen go with the Incredible.

You'll have a great experience on both, but because you say you prefer Sense over Blur (can't say I blame you) go with the Incredible, unless the smaller screen is a deal killer.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've used both and I picked the X over the Incredible. But I have different uses and priorities on my device then you. Sounds like you want the Incredible. So get it. Empower yourself.

rohdawgeleven

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I own an Inc. My wife still has a BB until her upgrade rolls around. We were looking at phones for her today and after comparing the X and the Inc, I'd still go with an Inc

Sense is the main difference for me, The X was a little "clunky"...not bad, just not as smooth and "snappy" as an Inc

They're both great devices, but the Inc lives up to it's name.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I own both the dinc and the dx. The sense I like best over blur. I like the soft buttons and amoled screen. On the dx I have LauncherPro Plus it makes it almost as if it has sense ,and a bigger screen , but hard physical style buttons instead of touch style buttons ,swype is also an option for texting since its install (just has to be selected).

,.... but sharpewriter can be found for the dinc as well ( almost like swype)

Other then that both of my phones have no lag.Just wish the dx had been shipped with a class 4 sd card instead of getting the class 2 sd card ,ha

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have owned the Dinc, Fascinate and DX. I got the Dinc on launch day, it was my first Android phone. I have to say screen & sense were the big draw for me. The build quality just felt cheap to me (personal view) but I like HTC hardware. The downside was the battery and try adding a real extd battery from say Amzer or Seidio etc and it becomes a real porker in physical size and weight. The lack of app memory was also a downer to me at the time, running 2.1. Still a solid phone that I enjoyed (sold it for the iPhone which I now see as a bad, bad move).

Sold off my iPhone and returned to Verizon after I tried the Captivate, which I felt was a bad implementation by AT&T but felt the Fascinate was worth a try, and the form factor was much better. Gorgeous screen, still not take with, Sense is still better than Touch Wiz. But the the screen was almost too shinny & vivid it made the colors seem almost candy store like (to me at least). Less memory (thanks Verizon), Bing is fine, but fine IF I chose it, not if its forced on me. I returned it after about a week, it was almost too thin and slippery for my taste, plus the location of the power button was pain.

The Droid X, I actually thought the buttons would be annoying and cheap and it had turned me a way as I passed by it to get the Fascinate. Then I spent some time reading users opinions, reviews (multiple sites) and talked to a friend who migrated from a BB Curve to the Droid X this summer, he can't stop talking about it. He is not a super techy type and had never used Android before.

So I gave it a roll, and the buttons are not as cheap as I had thought (Best buy only carries dummy phones, so I played with one at a VZW store). I was surprised, the screen is awesome, sharp, good color, but not super in your face colors (yes some like that I don't). The on board memory was nice, the RAM to run the apps was nice and Moto Blur can be replaced by LP+. I got it yesterday so I haven't really had time to delve into apps and really play with it, but the CALL QUALITY ROCKS. Much better than the iPhone (go figure) and much better than the captivate, in fact I was able to continue a call right into my garage which is normally a 1-2 bar signal and choppy voice on the Fascinate. The Droid X did it all and then some.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The X has a better battery. I have had both and needed the slim 1750mah extended battery to just make it through a single day. I had to disable most of the settings to make it through the day.

The X is a very nice phone. I would have kept it but it has huge. I'm not a very big guy so I had trouble swiping the notification bar down. I had to reposition my hand to swipe down and than move my hand back.

I traded it for a Fascinate and love it. You might look in to a Fascinate. The batter life is great. I make it through the day with moderate usage with more than 59 percent left.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since the 2.2 update the DX is bugger,and they was known about.
I will never buy another motorola again, since a previous other type of their phone was just a bad.

The DX poor support/performance and lack of replies, has made me think that way, never again.lol

Sent Using TaPaTalk

Anberlin777

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the droid x and overall its a really good phone. Sure you can't run cm on it, and maybe never due to the locked bootloader. But there are some roms that remove blur and the bloatware. Also more themes have been released. Its taking a while but more people are working on roms and themes. The form factor is really awesome. I don't feel like the phone will break if I accidentally drop it. The camera is great just like the huge screen. I like the hard keys, reason is when im playing a game or watching a video I don't have to be afraid of hitting them.

Just my two cents. But overall you can't go won't with either one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11