Switching Phones

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an unlimited data plan that I want to keep. My contract isn't done for a few more months but my phone is really getting to the point where I want to smash it. It's unresponsive and it's ready for an upgrade. I know there is a thread on how to keep UDP by going through the Best Buy site but honestly I don't think I can wait.

My plan is to buy a phone off contract and wait for my contract to come due. Then try the BB method to get it at a subsidized price then sell it.

My question is, how do I actually activate the new phone? Do I just pop my current sim out and into the new phone? Will it activate normally? Then on the new subsidized phone, do I pop out the new sim before I sell it?

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
All I've ever done was to just pop my current sim into new phone. If your current sim is different size you'll need to go into vzw store and get a free sim.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Swapping sims is all you need to do. Do not sell the phone with the sim or microSD (if applicable) inside. Also be sure to do a factory data reset

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro