Verizon: Discount for bringing your own device.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon offering discounts for bringing your own device.

I think big red is feeling some pressure.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The bugs me that it seems like all the discounts are for new customers. What about those that have been with them for years? I guess we're just chopped liver.

Deb from my Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The bugs me that it seems like all the discounts are for new customers. What about those that have been with them for years? I guess we're just chopped liver.

Deb from my Note 3

It is for new and existing customers :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It is for new and existing customers :).

Plus it's common practice for subscription companies to offer an introductory price to entice new customers to give the company a try.

I may look into this offer when my contact is up and keep using my current phone, depending on the phone lineup available. Haven't really seen anything worth getting excited over yet.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It's just a ploy to get more people off unlimited data.

Personally, I'm not giving it up for nothing! I still consider it the holy grail of the US cell phone industry (considering their LTE coverage!). They'll have to take it from me!! :mad:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's just a ploy to get more people off unlimited data.

Personally, I'm not giving it up for nothing! I still consider it the holy grail of the US cell phone industry (considering their LTE coverage!). They'll have to take it from me!! :mad:

And don't forget unlimited hotspot. No other carrier offers a plan for that.

zemajety.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
That's a lot of data...

Since I already got rid of my unlimited for the 6gb per line max promotion, if I were to switch to a more everything plan what part of my bill receives my employer discount? Currently I get ~22% off my 1400 minutes portion of my bill ($100). I'm curious if the discount will be applied to the data package or some smaller part of the bill.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Employee discount....data plan only. 42 gigs?...not even close, some are into the 100's of gigs.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

42gb in 4 days is a good chunk.

But that isn't my max by any means. I have used over 150gb a day before.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is the discount without Edge not showing up on VZW's site, yet?

Did you go into Verizon's website? Is there an option for the discount when you go to change the plan?

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Did you go into Verizon's website? Is there an option for the discount when you go to change the plan?

I'm currently a bit behind on my bill (moving is expensive and just sucks) so I can't do it until I get paid on Friday, but if you go through the links on their front page without logging in it has a table that shows the difference in price with and without Edge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So I am a little confused. Is it $160 per month for 4 lines only if you sign up for Edge? Or can you get the same pricing for off-contract lines? In other words, as long as all 4 lines are off contract, are we able to get the $160 deal or do we have to all sign up for edge?

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
So I am a little confused. Is it $160 per month for 4 lines only if you sign up for Edge? Or can you get the same pricing for off-contract lines? In other words, as long as all 4 lines are off contract, are we able to get the $160 deal or do we have to all sign up for edge?

From what I've read it was changed so you don't need to sign up for Edge, but it's not showing that way on the site.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read it was changed so you don't need to sign up for Edge, but it's not showing that way on the site.

That would be great news. I guess I'll actually have to put myself through the torture of talking to a sales rep.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Talked to a Verizon rep and they confirmed that you do have to be on Edge. I am really thinking of switching to at&t or T-Mobile. Getting really sick of Verizon's shenanigans.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Talked to a Verizon rep and they confirmed that you do have to be on Edge. I am really thinking of switching to at&t or T-Mobile. Getting really sick of Verizon's shenanigans.

They are mistaken. Please refer them to Verizon's own website :

" No contract. No problem. Verizon Wireless is giving customers the ability to add a smartphone that is not currently under contract to a MORE Everything plan, beginning April 17.

Starting this Thursday, existing customers who are on month-to-month contracts can move to a MORE Everything plan to experience savings immediately. Customers who choose plans with data allowances of 8 GB or below can add a smartphone for $30, a savings of $10, and customers who choose plans with data allowances of 10 GB and above can add a smartphone for $15, a savings of $25."

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...everything-savings-coming.html&token=WNWw635f

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll find out tomorrow once I make the payment to bring my account current.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante