Will I lose my unlimited data plan?

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I am wanting to upgrade my iphone 4 to a Nokia Icon. My dad and I are both eligable for an upgrade so would it be better to upgrade on my own line or his do I don't lose my unlimited data? My dad doesnt have unlimited data. I am the only person on the line that has it. I am on Verizon Wireless to.

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi :) This thread has the instructions on how to upgrade either or both lines and retain unlimited data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-verizon.html?highlight=how+to+keep+unlimited. You can ask about the specifics of your situation there and they can walk you through it :)

Well maybe you know this quick question. I read that and I wanted to ask: If I upgraded on my dads upgrade (he has a dumb phone) would I keep my unlimted data since I avoided upgrading on mine? What if he wanted to upgrade on my upgrade? Would I lose my data then?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Using his upgrade will not impact your data plan at all. You can upgrade to a smartphone on his line, activate it on his line and then activate his old phone on his line and then the smartphone is free and his upgrade is spent. If he wants to update later you can transfer your upgrade to his line and as long as that device is activated on his line first, it also will not impact your data package. The key is to activate devices on his line first and you can only use his upgrade first because you cannot transfer an upgrade to another line that is already eligible for one.

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Using his upgrade will not impact your data plan at all. You can upgrade to a smartphone on his line, activate it on his line and then activate his old phone on his line and then the smartphone is free and his upgrade is spent. If he wants to update later you can transfer your upgrade to his line and as long as that device is activated on his line first, it also will not impact your data package. The key is to activate devices on his line first and you can only use his upgrade first because you cannot transfer an upgrade to another line that is already eligible for one.

So if I am reading this correctly, I could upgrade on my dads line and not lose my unlimited data?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Correct. Just make sure to activate on the non unlimited line first

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair