HTC M8 and NOTE 3

Ragan Evans

May 9, 2014
Visit site
To those who know SIM cards... does the note 3 and HTC m8 have the same SIM card... i just want to switch the cards out and be good to go.

Posted via Android Central App

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
To those who know SIM cards... does the note 3 and HTC m8 have the same SIM card... i just want to switch the cards out and be good to go.

Different sizes. Note 3 uses a micro and the M8 uses a nano sim

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So much for the theory it would be easy to switch phones, just put SIM card in and go, why did Verizon allow different sizes on SIM cards?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've heard about being able to this, can you explain to us how to do this.. through the mobile app or actual website.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So much for the theory it would be easy to switch phones, just put SIM card in and go, why did Verizon allow different sizes on SIM cards?

Probably for the same kind of reason that you can't use the same charger in different phones and on and on and on. It is nothing more than a ploy to get more of your money! But at least they're starting to get more uniform with the chargers.

Deb from my Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Manufacturers chose the sim card size. Verizon has some say but very marginal with Apple. So they had to have a nano sim for Apple anyway so other phones using it isn't really an issue for verizon

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably for the same kind of reason that you can't use the same charger in different phones and on and on and on. It is nothing more than a ploy to get more of your money! But at least they're starting to get more uniform with the chargers.

Deb from my Note 3

Sure you can, virtually all Android are micro usb

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
go VZW.com and log in, on the left hand side it will say "Activate or Switch Device"...it will ask for the MEID and the SIM serial...both found under the Settings menu. Takes less than 5 minutes

I've heard about being able to this, can you explain to us how to do this.. through the mobile app or actual website.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It isn't required though, a simple sim switch should work, provided that they use the same size. You can also cut or use adapter if desired

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy