Warranty Favorites?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone's favorite warranty is? Asurion, SquareTrade or other? Also please tell me why you like your favorite. Thank you.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Asurion

I've looked into SquareTrade but it appears you have to send your broken device in for inspection before they determine the best course of action. Asurion will overnight a new or refurbished device immediately.

*I think you're referring to insurance.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Asurion here too. It covers loss and theft as well. Square trade doesn't.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have asurion and have used it several times. I am happy with the service except for the cost.

I am tempted to try Worth Ave Group. Their costs are good. They cut a check for the value and you purchase a replacement phone yourself. My main concern is they do not cover loss (they do cover theft).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I liked asurion, but they cancelled me last month because out of 15 years I had a bad year and had to claim 2 times in 12 month period.

Anyone know how long it is before you can sign up for it again?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I liked asurion, but they cancelled me last month because out of 15 years I had a bad year and had to claim 2 times in 12 month period.

Anyone know how long it is before you can sign up for it again?

I didn't know they could cancel you.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

You're allowed two claims in a year. After you use the second claim they will cancel you. I forgot how sign up actually works but it could be as soon as you buy a new device or after a year and than you buy a new device.

Makes sense. Insurance isn't out to send you 20 phones.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You're allowed two claims in a year. After you use the second claim they will cancel you. I forgot how sign up actually works but it could be as soon as you buy a new device or after a year and than you buy a new device.

Makes sense. Insurance isn't out to send you 20 phones.

Also say you make two claims within the first month and they let you continue to pay the premium. In month 12,you call to make a third claim... They would have to deny it as you already made 2 claims. Imo, it also becomes an issue of paying for insurance that you can't use...

I think that you can sign up again either when you buy a new device or during open enrollment.

AFAIK, all phone insurance coverages currently have claim limits. Once you meet it, they won't pay more.

Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Also say you make two claims within the first month and they let you continue to pay the premium. In month 12,you call to make a third claim... They would have to deny it as you already made 2 claims. Imo, it also becomes an issue of paying for insurance that you can't use...

I think that you can sign up again either when you buy a new device or during open enrollment.

AFAIK, all phone insurance coverages currently have claim limits. Once you meet it, they won't pay more.

Asurion will cancel the insurance after the second claim. You would no longer be paying for it and its removed from your cellular bill.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I use asurion! Have never had to use them though!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Asurion will cancel the insurance after the second claim. You would no longer be paying for it and its removed from your cellular bill.

Correct. My point is that them cancelling makes sense. Why pay for a service that you can't use?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I pay $5 and change its been on my line since the day I took over the account through assumption of liability. When I look at my features on the Verizon website I have the option to toggle it on or off.

Posted via Android Central App

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How much is asurion and where is it available?

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

I have it through Verizon. I don't know what other cell phone providers offer or charge or if you can purchase insurance insurance off of asurion website I have never looked. Each cell phone company I would imagine offers some kind of insurance.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You're allowed two claims in a year. After you use the second claim they will cancel you.

My daughter has four phones under their account. Currently none of them have asurion insurance. I need to add the insurance to the new phone that I will be swapping out in their account.

Should there come a time that the 2 instances of claims come to pass on this one phone and Asurion cancels the insurance, is this just on the one phone or do they deny insurance to the entire account?

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My daughter has four phones under their account. Currently none of them have asurion insurance. I need to add the insurance to the new phone that I will be swapping out in their account.

Should there come a time that the 2 instances of claims come to pass on this one phone and Asurion cancels the insurance, is this just on the one phone or do they deny insurance to the entire account?

Notes from Deb's Note 3

You should call Asurion for confirmation so you're not stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'd assume it's per line though.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Notes from Deb's Note 3

It's per line, mine cancelled but the other lines are still effective

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How much is asurion and where is it available?

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

$5/mo, $99 deductible and available straight from Verizon. Note prices for android only. IPhones are more.