Enhanced Sim Card

realjet

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I did the Best Buy thing. I used my sim card from my old HTC Rezound (cut down). I see that I can't use the NFC technology with that card. It says that I need to get an enhanced sim card. It says to go to a Verizon store. If I go, what do I tell them?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Take the sim out of the phone and go to the store and ask for a sim.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

realjet

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't use the SIM card that came with the phone. I put my old SIM card in to keep my existing plan. Do they just give you a SIM card with no questions asked?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't use the SIM card that came with the phone. I put my old SIM card in to keep my existing plan. Do they just give you a SIM card with no questions asked?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

You would have to bring in the phone, they probably won't give it to you if you just asked for one.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You would have to bring in the phone, they probably won't give it to you if you just asked for one.

dpham00 is correct. Make sure to go to a corporate store with your phone (private retailers will either charge you or deny you a SIM card all together most of the time). They will activate the new SIM card in your phone. This DOES NOT change your plan or anything else, all it does is change the SIM card linked to your account.