Just did new contract/upgrade - can I exchange, exchange until G3 in July?

ranger29

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My Thunderbolt was dying so I upgraded (M8) and signed a new contract about 10 days ago. I know I can return it and exchange for different phone within 10 days (will be doing that this weekend). My question is if there is a limit to how many times I can return/exchange, etc. I want to make until mid-late July when the LG G3 comes out. In the meantime I'll try the S5 and/or the G2. I know contract will remain the same, I'll just pay for any price differences for the phones, + restock fees, right?

Thanks

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that's right, which will get pretty darn expensive depending on when Verizon releases the G3.

Mind if I ask why you're wanting the G3 over the M8? I have an M8 now, but considered the G3 for a short time. Other than the higher resolution camera, I didn't see much about the G3 that I liked over the M8, and I'm concerned that over all performance will suffer trying to push the QHD display on a processor not much faster than the M8. Then again, I do a fair bit of gaming, so that's why the concern. Depending on your needs and wants, you may as well stay on the M8.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You are permitted one exchange and you will have to pay a restocking fee of $35. You have 14 days to make the return or exchange if bought directly from Verizon wireless.

" Return Policy
Contact A Sales Associate
Wireless Device/Accessory Return Policy

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).

This return and exchange policy does not apply to customers who have purchased a Prepaid Plan.

Exchange New Merchandise

You are permitted to make one exchange. To make an exchange, return the merchandise (including device, charger, battery, instructions, and any other components) in the ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like–new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless."

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/b2c/support/return-policy&token=wWuOUmLQ

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ranger29

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Well dang it. I got the M8 for its good low light pictures and snappy camera shot latency, but the file size/resolution really ended up being too small for me (I do tend to print out photos). Early reviews for the G3 suggest it's pretty good in low light (better than S5), plus you get the higher MP and a pretty quick shutter speed (this was also a factor).

I would prefer a removable battery and an external SD card. Hence the G3 makes perfect sense for me, better than the G2. However, if I can't get the G3, I'm torn between the LG G2 and the S5. The S5 has a removable battery and external SD card, but seems to take lousy low light pictures and didn't really care for the camera interface. The G2 takes better pictures, but has no removable battery, although at 3000mAh this might be OK. The G2 doesn't have an external SD card, but this is troublesome (for now at least), with the no SD-writing due to KitKat (I know I can add files manually to SD card from computer). I worry though that 32 GB system storage of the G3 might not be enough for apps + photos + music. Despite all this, right now I'm leaning (if I only get one exchange) towards the G2.

Question: What's to stop me from returning the phone, terminating service (I could go to AT&T for a few weeks, right?), and then getting the LG G3 in July/August as a "new" customer? Previously I was with Verizon off-contract, started month to month last year. I do want to be with Verizon as it has the best coverage where I am.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if Verizon would let you back on so soon if you cancelled, but something to look in to.

As for storage, Kit Kat can write to external SD cards, it's just that an app can only write to its own folders. So my camera app can save to its default SD card folder, I just can't move them to other locations on the card without plugging into a computer or rooting.

The lack of removable battery on the M8 was a concern for me, but you can get cases with an external battery built in that can power your phone. The one I saw didn't look like it added much bulk, so that's a work around I will consider if needed.

You're right on the camera, though. If you plan to zoom or print out large pictures, the M8 kinda sucks.That wasn't a big issue for me, but I can see how resolution can be a big factor for some people.

ranger29

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if Verizon would let you back on so soon if you cancelled, but something to look in to.

Sheesh, sometimes I make things more complex than they need to be. Returned phone back to Verizon on Saturday (within the 14 days), and canceled contract. Now I'm back to my month-to-month on my old Thunderbolt, and can wait worry-free for the G3 to come out...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sheesh, sometimes I make things more complex than they need to be. Returned phone back to Verizon on Saturday (within the 14 days), and canceled contract. Now I'm back to my month-to-month on my old Thunderbolt, and can wait worry-free for the G3 to come out...

This is the best idea. The other way would of hurt your wallet with fees.. Such as activation and restocking.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta