Activate upgrade with existing sim?

ylomnstr

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
So I have 4 lines on my account. 2 dumbphones and 2 smartphones with UDP.

I just ordered an S5 from verizon wireless using an upgrade that was available on one of my dumbphone lines. I didn't transfer it, the dumbphone had the upgrade available. Ultimately I want to use the new S5 on my UDP line. So when I get it, can I just put the sim card from my current phone, into the new S5 and keep unlimited data? Then the pending upgrade will fall off the dumbphone line?

I've read all the other threads and have heard conflicting answers to this. Just curious as I don't want to go through the hassle of activating it on my dads dumbphone, then deactivating and reactivating his old phone and then transferring the new phone to my account. Thanks.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
So I have 4 lines on my account. 2 dumbphones and 2 smartphones with UDP.

I just ordered an S5 from verizon wireless using an upgrade that was available on one of my dumbphone lines. I didn't transfer it, the dumbphone had the upgrade available. Ultimately I want to use the new S5 on my UDP line. So when I get it, can I just put the sim card from my current phone, into the new S5 and keep unlimited data? Then the pending upgrade will fall off the dumbphone line?

I've read all the other threads and have heard conflicting answers to this. Just curious as I don't want to go through the hassle of activating it on my dads dumbphone, then deactivating and reactivating his old phone and then transferring the new phone to my account. Thanks.

Yes.

Posted via Android Central App

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes.

Posted via Android Central App

Does the same apply if I transferred the upgrade FROM my UDP line to a 2gb line, or do I need to go through the process of activating on the 2gb line, then reactivating the old phone on the 2gb line, before activating the new phone on the UDP line?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge