Is there a fee to switch phones?

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My S3 is running like crap and I am trying to track down a used S4 to hold me over until the highly rumored Galaxy S5 Prime comes out. Anyway, can I just buy the S4, swap the SIM from my S3 and the S4 will work fine? Will Verizon charge anything since I switched my phone? Is there only a fee if you sign up for a new contract and get a new phone?

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My S3 is running like crap and I am trying to track down a used S4 to hold me over until the highly rumored Galaxy S5 Prime comes out. Anyway, can I just buy the S4, swap the SIM from my S3 and the S4 will work fine? Will Verizon charge anything since I switched my phone? Is there only a fee if you sign up for a new contract and get a new phone?
You are lucky because it is much easier to switch smartphones on Verizon with 4G LTE. YES, you can buy the S4 (I would do a factory reset just to make sure there isn't any leftover stuff from the previous owner), put in your S3 sim and your phone will instantly be on Verizon with your current phone number. No activation or change fees. Then, when you sign into your Google account it will ask if you want to load all your apps from your previous phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As said above, there is no fee to switch a phone. If you upgrade via subsidized pricing then there is a $30 upgrade fee. But if you buy the phone on edge, full retail, eBay, cl, Swappa, etc then there is no charge to switch phones

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza