Verizon Droid 2 - BOGA?

alans79

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, new to the forum, and new to android in general, anxious to jump in. So anyone seen this commercial? I saw it last night:

YouTube - Droid 2 and Droid X Holiday Deals from Verizon Wireless

It clearly says at the end buy the droid 2, get any phone free... However on verizon's site, it's buy a droid 2, get a droid 2 (and only a droid 2) free.

My wife wants the droid 2, and I want the X, and if the commercial is true, that would be fantastic!

Anyone have any incite?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This seems like it's more appropriate for the Verizon forum. I'm going to move it, seeing as how there are more fellow Verizonauts that can help you out there.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
When you Buy one Get any, the second phone has to be the same (or lesser) value. So you won't be able to get an X since an X is $199 and this is 150

Ripper3785

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
menno, while what you are saying makes sense for original poster, but the verizon website is not currently letting you get any second phone besides the D2, including those of lesser value. The commercials are advertising BOGA, but the website is only advertising and allowing one to do BOGO.

Edited to add:
I thought this would be a good opportunity to use the verizon web chat, to harass them about the discrepancy. They say "That is because we are not affiliated with the different promotions on the radio or television. The online Verizon store is its separate inventory." They say the offer is available by calling the number in the commercial.*

* - Which doesn't make sense to me, because the number in the commercial is the number on the website for sales. Is verizonwireless.com operated by another company?

Last edited:

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
menno, while what you are saying makes sense for original poster, but the verizon website is not currently letting you get any second phone besides the D2, including those of lesser value. The commercials are advertising BOGA, but the website is only advertising and allowing one to do BOGO.

Edited to add:
I thought this would be a good opportunity to use the verizon web chat, to harass them about the discrepancy. They say "That is because we are not affiliated with the different promotions on the radio or television. The online Verizon store is its separate inventory." They say the offer is available by calling the number in the commercial.

I know that they're offering the deal in stores, at least around me.

And online is different.

It doesn't make sense, but TV ads are for telecom, and then for stores there are corp and indirect, and then there are online sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz